Where to mount Heated Gear Power Cable

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
I'm installing a connection directly off the battery for a Heated Jacket liner and Gloves and was woindering where folks bring the
power cable out to or how they mount it so it is in a good location for plugging the jacket liner into, and so it is secure ?

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
I routed mine so that the plug exits under the front of the drivers seat. I let the plug dangle when not in use, but it can also be stuffed up and under the front of the seat. During the summer season, you can remove the seat and put the plug under the seat, until cooler weather arrives. Be sure to have enough length so that it's easy to connect when your gear is on. If it's too short, you will be extremely challenged to make the plug connections.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I led mine out from under the left front of the seat. It won't rub on any paint there and is easily plugged in and disconnected as well as stored under the seat in warmer months. I clip the heat controller onto the lower left front of my jacket or riding suit

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
I have the Powerlet dual rear kit, which doubles as a good spot to connect my battery tender.

--Mark
+1 the only difference is mine is on the switched acc terminal block. I put a loop in the powerlet/barrel connector pigtail to keep it away from the exhaust when disconnected.
The tender has its own pigtail on the battery side ty-rapped on the sub frame with a adhesive backed cable tie mounting pad.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I led mine out from under the left front of the seat. It won't rub on any paint there and is easily plugged in and disconnected as well as stored under the seat in warmer months. I clip the heat controller onto the lower left front of my jacket or riding suit
Same for me.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
I have two connections for the driver, which exit just between the seat and tank, right in the center. I placed a bit of velcro on the center rubber tank pad, which I can attach my vest controller too in colder weather. I was surprised to find that if I did not throttle back the vest to about 2 out out 10 on the controller, that I would seriously overheat. The gloves just plug straight in to their own distinct connection. So I have two different plug-ins to contend with, but it works out easily,,, and this way I can use the gloves alone, if desired. Hope this gives you some idea's,,, Cat'

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Covered Powerlet female just below the left fairing pocket, fused and unswitched from the battery. Requires a hole to be drilled in the plastic. It doubles as a battery tender hookup.
There is a switched Powerlet female just behind the shock preload adjuster for a passenger. It is mounted on a bracket. The PO installed both of these items almost 13 years ago and I like the locations.

Top Bottom