1994 BMW R1100RS ABS - project bike

Hello All,

Thought I'd post a few images of my latest project - a bike that was GIVEN to me in February by a dear friend. It had been stolen by some kids - they never got it started but that didn't stop them from damaging it pretty badly. Of course, it is a much different bike than my beloved ST1300. But it will do nicely as a second bike for my sons to join me on rides, or when one of my bikeless buddies wants to tag along. First shot is of it, as delivered to me.

Here's the list of all the stuff I did, in no particular order:
thoroughly clean bike top to bottom - inside and out, removed rust and painted numerous fasteners brackets and links, new turn signal lenses, replaced every bulb on the bike including instrument cluster, changed all fluids, new fork seals, new tachometer (old one had broken needle), new air & fuel filters, new platinum spark plugs, adjust valve lash, synch throttle bodies, flushed brakes, rebuilt rear caliper, installed new rear brake pads, new oil level site glass, new valve cover gaskets, and "new" refurbished valve covers (originals were cracked), installed valve cover guards, new Pirelli Angel GT tires & BMW valve stems (mounted and balanced myself - using HF station with MojoBlocks & MojoBar and Mark Parnes Balancer), installed HawksHead TPMS, installed Hella driving lights, new BMW roundels, pre-wired for heated grips (only need new grips and heater pads), Installed Stebel Horn, installed USB powerlet on dash, installed Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb, replaced alternator belt, used stainless steel fasteners throughout, had body parts painted (BMW Atacama Yellow) including replacement used front fairing, new foot peg rubber. I'm sure I'm missing something - but glad to be almost done...

Delivered.jpgIMG_1510.jpgIMG_1511.jpgIMG_1512.jpgIMG_1514.jpgIMG_1515.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
07 ST1300
Wow that bike looks great! Funny that that 94 bike looks thoroughly modern while my 92R100RS looks like a 70's bike.
Great job though. Looks brand new!

scootac

Will Ride for Food
'Modern looks' will not be modern in 5-10 years....but that R100RS will always be a classy beautiful bike!!!

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Wow, that looks great Rocky! How's it run?

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Sharp looking bike! I like that yellow and sounds like you did an impressively thorough job getting her refurbished! I've always thought these beamers looked dated and not particularly modern, more like a 70's - 80's bike but that is probably just because I didn't start noticing bikes until the 90's when I became legal driving age...

OP
OP
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Paul - it runs well, and much better after the tune up. The throttle bodies were way off, so it is much smoother now, both at idle and higher rpm. As you all know already, it is very difficult to compare it to the ST1300 in way of power, torque, smoothness, and handling. The BMW has its own personality...

Top Bottom