Helmets Hi-vis Plasti-Dip

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Seems to me that all the helmets I've ever bought have a warning not to apply paint on them, due to the potential incompatibility with the helmet shell. Is Plasti-Dip an exception to this consideration?

Last edited:
Bike
R1200rt
Seems to me that all the helmets I've ever bought have a warning not to apply paint on them, due to the potential incompatibility with the helmet shell. Is Plasti-Dip an exception to this consideration?
plasti-dip does not penetrate any of the original coating , its like putting a decal or sticker on. If your tired of it just peel it off. Some people use it on expensive cars when on trips to protect the paint on the nose of the car, they spray it on like a bra and peel it off after the trip.

Bike
2008 ST1300A Red
Interesting.....My Hi Viz Scorpion is very faded. I would love to re-paint it.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
What would really be cool is to use color matched Plasti-Dip but mix in some of those reflective (3M?) beads used in the paint for street lane markings.

In theory the P-D would look pretty much normal during the day depending on color match. When headlights hit it at night... It might not work like I imagine with black. But any other color should jump out a little.

The white P-D contrast on the black bike does look pretty cool. Just imagine it "illuminated" with the reflective beads!

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Very cool.
I'm wondering how a black PD would work on the black lower plastic or the black inside of the panners that seem to fade. I've already painted the lower plastic a couple years ago and it's stayed a nice black but the rest of the black on the 04 does fade if I don't keep up with it. I normally wipe it down with WD-40 and it stays fresh for a few months.
Might have to pick up a can when I see it next to play around with.

nerSTeve

Vendor
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Interesting.....My Hi Viz Scorpion is very faded. I would love to re-paint it.
Bought a can of this stuff to revive my RF-1200 Beacon. Now that I found this threat and see it's actually working, time to take the can off the shelf. Been procrastinating about it for months.

Top Bottom