Million Dollar Ride

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Got to ride it last year. I was in a group from the Colorado 500 charity ride. Older "gentlemen" in the group and I use the term to describe their general demeanor, not their riding. WTH!!! These guys can ride!! One guy is 81 and on a GS and he was NOT holding anyone up. I am 4th in line and just keeping up. Great road. Great group of guys. Wish I had a video of it but the ones posted here will suffice.

Rod

thatbeeguy

Jeff
Bike
1996 ST1100
Road this on my bicycle quite a few years ago starting in Durango going thru Silverton. Sun, Rain, Sleat, Snow. it was a horrible day until we started downhill on this road... & then it was all worthwhile.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Its been a few years - 2009 for me I think, at the 1st CoSToc. I'm overdue for a re-ride

Thanks for the great videos all - and for getting it started Gerhard.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for posting, watching that video just makes me long for more rides in that area. Had a great time last year, looking forward to this year. I Plan on sharing a campsite and various rides with Mark in CO. this coming summer. Also looking forward to seeing you and Cheri in Mansfield, OH.

Bob

Bike
2014 BMW 1200 GSW
STOC #
Thanks for posting this and taking me back down "memory lane".
It's been several years since I was last there. Silverton did not have any paved streets when I visited. I believe they do now.
They had just applied calcium chloride on the main street to keep the dust down.

Ouray is one my favourite places I've visited.

Andy

Rodneypieon

Rodney
Bike
2004 ST1300A
Had friends ride it a few years back and they went early in the year. The frost still on the road only in the shadows in the curves and the 30 pound boulders in the middle of the road too made them pay attention going through the mountains and took the trip in the summer next time they did it.

Top Bottom