Fork Spring recommendations for 1997 ST just bought 2 weeks ago, Apr 10, 2016

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
You could try a different weight oil in the left and right legs, 5W to keep the compression damping supple in the left leg, 10W in the right for some more rebound control.
This is what I was instructed to do on my non ABS '95 model with Progressive Suspension springs, by a suspension shop near me. It was recommended that I use a 10W-15W in the left fork and a 7W in the right fork and it seems to work well for me.

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
I agree. Terry's writeup is an excellent explanation of suspension theory and practice.

How do we vote to make this a STicky thread for this section?

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
If I do go the racetech route I will hand that job over to the folks that do this on a daily basis and have the tools.
Installing the Racetech Gold Valve & Emulator requires no special tools ( except for a dial caliper to identify the various thicknesses of shims ) and the instructions that come with the kit are fairly straight forward. If you can remove and disassemble the forks , you should be able to install the kit.

OP
OP
Thank you everyone who posted on this topic. Upon review of other similar threads, it was educational. I learned the stock spring was a .6. I am about 210 (after pizza this past weekend), and the Racetech staff recommended the .95 spring with 10 wgt oil. This seems to be consistent with what fellow ST riders (non ABS) have shared. Thanks and ordered the new skins, so will be ready to go,
After I sold the V Max a few years back, I picked up a Silverwing scooter, fixed it up, last week I put Hyperpro fork springs in the Silverwing (2007), with new oil, and it was a night and day difference. Hoping to have similar success with the Race Tech springs on the ST. Thanks All. Terry O / Mars, Pa

Top Bottom