Sprung an Oil leak

OP
OP
StuartKeith
Bike
ST1100-L
Well I have replaced the rocker cover gasket and this seems to have helped with the oil issue! just need to sort the fork seals now.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Fork seals are not hard you just have to understand what needs to be done when...

This youtube video might help as he uses the ST1100 forks as his example forks! :)
LINKY

Bike
1995 ST1100
STOC #
Well I have replaced the rocker cover gasket and this seems to have helped with the oil issue! just need to sort the fork seals now.
Sometimes it's some dirt/grit that gets between the seal and the fork that causes a leak. Get a thin piece of plastic stiff enough to get down between the seal and fork and work it around and up. It might draw out the contamination allowing the seal to work again.

OP
OP
StuartKeith
Bike
ST1100-L
Sometimes it's some dirt/grit that gets between the seal and the fork that causes a leak. Get a thin piece of plastic stiff enough to get down between the seal and fork and work it around and up. It might draw out the contamination allowing the seal to work again.
It's a brand new seal :( I just had the garage fit it. I got 15 mins down the road before I saw it leak again. I've brought a genuine Honda kit now and will do it myself has its the easy side.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
Again, they probably put it in backwards. Remove the leaky seal and inspect before you buy some new Honda seals. The seal in there is probably still good if it was installed backwards.

OP
OP
StuartKeith
Bike
ST1100-L
If it is in backwards how dose it affect it, when you look at it, there seems to be no reason why they shouldn't work either way?

Top Bottom