What is wrong with me !!!!!!!!!

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Bugs are always a problem here in the South. It's much easier to clean up a faired bike than a bare one. My previous trip bikes were my 1970 CB750 followed by 3 1978 GL1000's. I used to spend hours cleaning up tiny corpses prior to the ST1100.
Before every trip, I wax the plastic with Meguiar's carnauba wax and polish the windscreen with Plastx. Bugs don't stick well to either and it cleans right up with a post-trip washing.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Bugs are always a problem here in the South.
Ever ride into love bugs, I'm sure you have mentioning the south? One year was so bad I wore a rain jacket! For anyone who hasn't experienced it, it's a bug nightmare. Car windshields and especially helmet face shields must be cleaned frequently to see. Bug acid in them hurts the paint.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Ever ride into love bugs, I'm sure you have mentioning the south? One year was so bad I wore a rain jacket! For anyone who hasn't experienced it, it's a bug nightmare. Car windshields and especially helmet face shields must be cleaned frequently to see. Bug acid in them hurts the paint.
We hit a swarm several trips in our car, so far no such on a bike trip. During mating season, they lose all sense of self preservation AND they fly stuck together...so each strike is two-for-one. The front of the car looked like it was carpeted with goo and tiny wings. Window washer fluid would not cut it. I keep glass cleaner and paper towels in the car for such emergencies. Most love bug swarms are in rural areas...not so bad in the city.

Bike
R1200rt
I thought everyone waxed the inside of the fenders.....:confused:. Just part of regular maintenance right???

I grease my muffler bearings and change the air in the tires too. :)

ToddC
I rotate the mufflers once a year weather it needs it or not !!

Bike
R1200rt
I have never waxed the inside of my fenders.... I feel quite inadequate...........

I know Home Depot sells both glass nails and tartan paint but does anyone know if they also carry blinker fluid too?
2000 and up use synthetic blinker fluid and does not need to be changed !!! read it in a service bulletin

If you want therapy, come ride one of my bikes. I haven't washed the Valkyrie in 15 years and 120,000 miles. My ST hasn't been washed in the 3 1/2 years and 40,000 miles I've owned it. OCD therapy....

Top Bottom