What is wrong with me !!!!!!!!!

Bike
2015 K1600 GTL E
2024 Miles
I WAXED THE INSIDE OF MY FRONT FENDER! My children use to laugh at me. Now they just say,"Of course you did". Took the wheels off Tuesday and brought them to local dealer
to mount some new Pilot Road 4 GT's on. Reinstalled the wheels last night. Thanks to Mellow for posting the instructions and to everyone that has posted comments on wheel removal. Some comments, do not pump brakes until both wheels and all the calibers are in place. It was bear getting the fronts back on. When cleaning old Molly off with WD-40, I was concern if the WD-40 would react with the Molly. Being a old school Optician and having acetone in my veins, I used some to clean the WD-40 off. Acetone is great. It evaporates completely. I found it really cleaned the gunk off the swing arm and shaft housing. Also took off the stuff from your boots. Thanks all. See some of you April 30 at Wisconsin Tech event and the Slimey Crud Run the next day.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
Some folks just have waaaayyyy too much time on their hands!!!

That they could have used to go riding!

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I thought everyone waxed the inside of the fenders.....:confused:. Just part of regular maintenance right???

I grease my muffler bearings and change the air in the tires too. :)

ToddC

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Todd, you forgot the blinker fluid. And spend the extra coin for the synthetic blend... makes the blinks a lot smoother. ;)

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I just had all the tupperware off while I installed some new horns, LED's, fuzeblok, etc. I looked at the dust that was underneath and for a brief moment I thought.....maybe I should clean that up. Common sense prevailed, I buttoned everything back up and went for a ride instead!

Rod

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
Waxing the inside of your fender gets the crud off , thus reducing the air turbulence between the fender and tire = more mileage ( yeah yeah , that's the ticket ! ) ( I've been off my bikes too long )

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
I just had all the tupperware off while I installed some new horns, LED's, fuzeblok, etc. I looked at the dust that was underneath and for a brief moment I thought.....maybe I should clean that up. Common sense prevailed, I buttoned everything back up and went for a ride instead!

Rod
Rod that was a huge mistake, that dust will be the catalyst of your next bike maintenance task, I don't know how you can possible even sleep at night!

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
Rod that was a huge mistake, that dust will be the catalyst of your next bike maintenance task, I don't know how you can possible even sleep at night!
I may show up at your house on Saturday while you work on Jeff's forks. I will let you decide if it is a high enough hazard warrant action.

Rod

Bike
2005 ST1300
I have never waxed the inside of my fenders.... I feel quite inadequate...........

I know Home Depot sells both glass nails and tartan paint but does anyone know if they also carry blinker fluid too?

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Since I also own an ST13OO, I'm curious about why anyone would wax the inside of the fender. Dods that increase top speed, gas mileage or what?

TO

Bike
2010 ST1300
Getting back to the title of this thread - probably too much time on your hands and not enough riding.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Since I also own an ST13OO, I'm curious about why anyone would wax the inside of the fender. Dods that increase top speed, gas mileage or what?

TO
What waxing that surface does is reduce the amount of crud that will stick between the fender and tire. Only a benefit if you along a muddy road on occasion......or suffer from OCD like several of us do.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Todd, you forgot the blinker fluid. And spend the extra coin for the synthetic blend... makes the blinks a lot smoother. ;)
I knew I was forgetting something....:bow1:. You probably saved my life.......rough blinking has been proven to cause age spots and hair loss. Hope everyone else has changed theirs!!!!!!

ToddC. :)

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
I may show up at your house on Saturday while you work on Jeff's forks. I will let you decide if it is a high enough hazard warrant action.

Rod
Come and join the party Rod, we've plenty of dusting cloths on hand

Bike
2015 FJR1300A

Rod
OH MY. I should stop reviewing our site at work. I keep laughing out loud. Work isn't supposed to be this much fun !

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Attempting to answer op's question-- I believe you are suffering from a condition known as waxatosis. Best known cure is to ride through Louisiana in the summer everyday for an entire summer. You will be so tired from removing bugs from windscreen and helmet visor you will have no energy or motivation to wax anything.

Top Bottom