Any way to slow down the 1300 steering?

OP
OP
JimGregory
Bike
07 ST1300
I just did a quick and dirty windscreen mod moving it out about 35mm. Overall it's quieter and I suppose better in that respect but no difference in buffeting on the highway. Might be worse actually. I did it parallel. Noticed how much it splayes the mounts out. That can't be good for anything mechanical in there.
And this is after about 100 miles on the highway with the RS this morning.
I'm very happy with my ST suspension. It may have been massaged by the PO.

I don't know anything about Kings Lynn . Do you have 4 lane highways where you can run 70 to 85mph surrounded by semi-trucks that are running 70-75 mph? That's where I have found the problem to be most noticeable depending on the wind conditions.

OP
OP
JimGregory
Bike
07 ST1300
OK Big news. I massaged my windscreen mod so that the screen tilted back more then stock. Quite a bit really. Anyway not much change overall with the stock screen then the parallel mod. Maybe a little less getting knocked around on the highway in dirty air. And a little noisier for whatever reason. Not much of an improvement.
This AM I switched to my Clearview GT small that I wasn't using because it made a screaming noise at speed. Stuffing my hand down the center in front of the dashboard stopped it, so I had hopes the windscreen mod would help that situation. It did. And blasting down the pike this AM through semi trucks and what have you, revealed a wonderful thing! NO getting knocked around. NO noise with it up. Bloody miraculous.
So, I figure the leaned back screen must add some down force to the equation, along with better aerodynamics. Still have the quick steering but she seems to hold her line fine now. And this with the top box on.
I added a little compound bending to the brackets I made, to make everything line up. No stress on the mechanism now, thou there has to be some additional leverage over stock.
So a change in aerodynamics DID do it for me. I'm so pleased!! AND I didn't piss my money away on that clearview like I though I had. That doesn't suck either!
Oh..And I noticed NO back pressure at all. None.

Top Bottom