Resurrection thread

OP
OP
Bueller
Bike
ST1100Y
STOC #
I like that too! I think stripe work like that looks pretty cool...my buell has the VR1000 (H-D) paint job, if any of you are familiar with that...looks so cool on a tuber :D

(Wheel bearings are good all around. Checked all that when the wheels were off for the fork fluid, and the moly 60 treatment)

Frank

Last edited:
STOC #
I like that too! I think stripe work like that looks pretty cool...my buell has the VR1000 (H-D) paint job, if any of you are familiar with that...looks so cool on a tuber :D

(Wheel bearings are good all around. Checked all that when the wheels were off for the fork fluid, and the moly 60 treatment)

Frank
"Tuber" as in "Potato, potato, potato?"

OP
OP
Bueller
Bike
ST1100Y
STOC #
So I guess I'll go ahead and jack my thread back, since ya'll's done, LOL!

Got a 'good' take off tire installed on the back. I got restless and picked up all the tupperware before he had a chance to polish it all out. He wasn't overly happy about that since he's a bit of a obsessive compulsive about his paint work. After all that was said and done, I got the title from him, and low and behold...NOT SALVAGE!! Woot! Still pretty stoked about that. So $157.00 later its legal till next July, and I got a 'clean' title in the mail a week later.

Went on our trip to Arkansas, and put 1,200 miles on it. Everything went perfect, with the exception of a rear flat tire. Looked like a screw went in and came back out about 1/3 of the way home. Gonna post up that story in a bit.

Really the only complaints I have, is the Corbin seat (uncomfortable for me, but not the wife), the pressure on my wrists, and the center stand dragging on the road about once a day on some twisties. Planning on raising the handlebars maybe an inch or two, working on re-foaming the stock seat, and planning a suspension upgrade (Gold valve/emulator, and aftermarket shock -or- a stiffer rear spring if I can find one). I really figured I would hate the ridiculously tall windshield, but that's not even that bad. All in all I'm really happy with the bike!

Frank

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Excellent! Glad you were able to get it finished up for your ride!

Now, where's that trip report and PICTURES? ;)

Top Bottom