We're baaaack!

Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
Well we couldn't resist the call to return back unto the fold. We sold our original matching ST1100's last summer before we moved into a new house. I also had a VFR for a couple years. I traded it for a nicely equipped DRz400. And also had a little DR200. None of those bikes could "scratch" the itch. My wife just picked up a '05 ST and I found a '09 ST locally. I'll post some "family" pictures when I get a chance. We are hoping to meet up with some old and new friends at WeSTOC this year. We sure miss our ST compadres.

Curtis and Sharon Spivey

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
Welcome back Curtis and Sharon! If ever up my way shoot me a PM. Love to show you around the area.

OP
OP
curtspivey
Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
I actually picked up the '09 in Nampa at Canyon Honda. The '05 belonged to an awesome ST owner, Ronald Woodland in Saint George, Utah. Ron kept the ST immaculate. I'm familiar with the 1300 that was at Birds of Prey here in Caldwell. I went over there a couple days ago looking for it but they had sold it. It sat there for a long time. The '09 I purchased had belonged to a 70 year old gentleman who was getting vertigo and no longer felt safe riding. The ST is a virgin with the exception of heated grips. There wasn't even a mounting plate for a Givi case. So it's pretty much a blank slate. My first farkel will surely be a Givi top plate.

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
There were two at BOP at one point. I purchased the '07 and the other one was still there. It was low miles but needed some love. Congrats to you both on finding such beautiful bikes.

OP
OP
curtspivey
Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
My wife can out ride me. When I'm done for the day she wants to go "just one more mile." She is very well known around the ST crowd.

OP
OP
curtspivey
Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
There were two at BOP at one point. I purchased the '07 and the other one was still there. It was low miles but needed some love. Congrats to you both on finding such beautiful bikes.
Yea, low miles doesn't nessessarily mean great bike. Sometimes it's just the opposite. A older bike with low miles is usually a bad thing. That means it's been sitting around for a while. My wife's '05 came with 65k on the clock. That's nothing on a ST. Especially when it was shown a lot of love. The thing literally looks like new.
So, you drove all the way to Caldwell to get the ST?

OP
OP
curtspivey
Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
I forgot to mention that I rode my '97 ST for over 14 years. I only sold it the middle of last summer. My first rally was in 2002 at Ashland, Oregon. I still have the shirt! I was one of the original folks on the "liST". The old email subscription group.

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
Yea, low miles doesn't nessessarily mean great bike. Sometimes it's just the opposite. A older bike with low miles is usually a bad thing. That means it's been sitting around for a while. My wife's '05 came with 65k on the clock. That's nothing on a ST. Especially when it was shown a lot of love. The thing literally looks like new.
So, you drove all the way to Caldwell to get the ST?
I did indeed. A friend and I did a down and back in one day.... One really long day.

OP
OP
curtspivey
Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
That would be a rough day trip. It's funny how my ST was 10 miles away and my wife's bike was a 2 day trip. You never know where you'll find that new "family" member.

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
Interesting thread!!! I clicked on this and saw that you live in Nampa. I'm thinking of moving up there. My wife has a couple of school friends that live there now.

I was looking at St George and met Ron Woodland, the guy you bought the second bike from. Very nice guy. We met him at Grand Canyon, then again at Bryce Canyon, spent a couple of days riding with him & a friend there.

Been through Boise on a ride before & plan to spend some time there this year in July. Maybe we can get together and you can show us around the area.

Small world indeed.

OP
OP
curtspivey
Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
I know everyone says they live in the best state there is. But, I really do. We just recently moved to Caldwell which is only 10 miles west of Nampa. We lived in Nampa for over 40 years. I guess I need to update my profile! There is a almost unlimited amount of off-road riding. It's mostly due to the fact that there are so many miles of public and federal lands. Idaho has the most wilderness in the continental United States. Most of this is due to the fact that central Idaho is almost inaccessible. The terrain is unimaginably rugged. It's definitely a sportsmans paradise. The awsome benefits of this is that you have to make roads that go around and through all this mountainous area. That equals some of the most awesome paved riding in the world. There's some technical stuff but a lot of long sweepers that both I and my ST love. There are miles of sucluded roads with just enough small towns (think population of 50 to 500) to allow you to grab a snack in a family restaurant. Get some gas and be on your way. If this sounds awesome it's because it's true! Can you tell I love where I live? There are a lot of good people out here because we haven't gotten so big that the big city mentality has set in. I'm glad I raised my kids and grandkids here. I don't think you will hear anyone say, "I wish I never moved to Idaho.""It was awful." You are sure welcome to swing by our house. We always have a spare bedroom available and plenty of food to eat! That pretty much goes for any of my fellow ST brothers and sisters.

Top Bottom