I've not seen this color ST1300 before. And it was a Police ST.

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
I was on my way to exercise this morning when the traffic slowed drastically. While slowly proceeding, I observed a Fiat 500 pulled over headed in the opposite direction. I could see a white motorcycle helmet near the passenger window, but not the motorcycle. As I got nearer, the motorcycle came into view behind the car. No lights were flashing. The color of this official Police ST1300 was Maroon! Not the familiar red, and definitely not white. The Washington State Patrol officially uses the ST1300 for patrol, but I've only seen them in white.

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
I think WA state will award officers with 'special' versions of ST's as a way to recognize them for accomplishments. Trooper Joe Pass was recently involved in a wreck on the E side of the state while riding his copper colored ST. It had been awarded to him after being recognized as officer of the year.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Now now gentlemen..........it has been established through many thorough tests and studies........and known to most as the fastest color....and that color is.....

.......redblacksilver! :biker::06biker::03biker:
All the cool ST riders know this to be true.....:bow1:

So, I hope this puts this discussion to rest once and for all.......:) ToddC

Bike
2001 ST1100
STOC #
Todd, your avatar picture shows your bikes are redsilverblack not redblacksilver. A little rearrangement and you too can be riding the fastest color(s). :-D

Bike
2002 ST1100
STOC #
This week I saw an ad for a 1300 that was supposedly a local LEO in Western WA surplus, and the color was something approaching British racing green. The ad even went on to say there was "sticker residue" that would need to be cleaned off, indicating it was not painted when decommissioned. Looked very odd. And no, Dave - I didn't buy it!

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Why would any PD expend the $ to repaint motorcycles in their motor pool? Seems like a waste of taxpayers money to me,

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Why would any PD expend the $ to repaint motorcycles in their motor pool? Seems like a waste of taxpayers money to me,
Branding. I've got no problem with that as long as they make up the difference on violators. Besides British Racing Green has always been one of my favorite colors.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Todd, your avatar picture shows your bikes are redsilverblack not redblacksilver. A little rearrangement and you too can be riding the fastest color(s). :-D
Ya, The photographer screwed up and didn't park the bikes in their birth order......need to fire that guy! :D

ToddC

Top Bottom