It's Alive!

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Desmo Steve, his son Andrew, and I started up my old ST1100 ('93) tonight for the first time in almost ten years. Andrew's been doing the grunt work, with Steve and I pitching in where it's a bit more technical (valves, etc.) or when an extra set of hands is needed.

The left cylinder head has been replaced, along with the timing belt and numerous small bits and pieces, and the carbs have been cleaned. The exhaust is back on, along with the fuel tank, and the bike is going back together nicely. We mounted a set of new Bridgestone T30s, and changed the oil and final drive lube. We still need to flush and bleed the clutch slave cylinder and brake system, address the lack of high beam lights, figure out why the tach isn't working, and get the bodywork back on the bike.

It's gratifying to see the old ST running again, and it'll be even better to see it back on the road. Andrew will be fairly familiar with his new bike, and should have it ready to join us at the Roy's BBQ RTE in a little over two weeks.

OP
OP
roginoz
Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Well, it's back on the road (or at least around the block a few times...)

We finished replacing the bodywork, and the old ST1100 moved under its own power for the first time in nearly ten years. I got the first trip around the block, to check everything out, followed by Steve and Andrew. It looks like the headlight switch is still sporadic, and we're missing one trim clip for the windshield; I'll get them on order tomorrow. A new tag, and we can get Andrew started on some on-road practice.

ST1100 042216 003 (Medium).jpg

ST1100 042216 005 (Medium).jpg

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Ya Hoo! Congrats on getting it rolling again. Keep the Honda alive.

ToddC

Top Bottom