Remove original Honda radio

Bike
ST1300A 2007
Hi

I am thinking on removing the radio on my ST1300 07. It has an Honda radio that occupies the left fairingpocket.

Anyone done that? I searched the forum but could not find anything.
Do i need to buy a whole new left pocket?

Maybe there is also a "market" for these radios :confused:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Do i need to buy a whole new left pocket?
Depending on who did the installation... but it should only have a hole for the wiring, easy to close that.

Power supply for the stereo is the quartet harness, and then there the speakers/casings inside the instrument cover.

OP
OP
forth
Bike
ST1300A 2007
Thanks for the info. Will try to remove it when the weather is nicer.

The right pockets on my ST1100 was deeper.The right pocket on my ST1300 is less spacious. I always have things in these when i ride. And the left pocket has the lock capability i also use when i travel.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
The listing has been there for a while. If it was about 1/3 that price,,, I would be interested. But I think the bike mounted stereo is becoming a bit less popular now,, due to all the extra features available by bluetoothing your smartphone into ones helmet. I have a helmet setup that cost me about $60.us, that allows me music, intercom,, bike to bike,,, gps,,, text and phone capabilities. Having said that,,, I did mount a stock stereo to one of my CB's. Hardly works,, super heavy,,, must have vacuum tubes,,, but it is oem !!! Cat'

Thanks!

Now i know what its worth....

OP
OP
forth
Bike
ST1300A 2007
Done!
I removed the radio today. (Also changed sparkplugs and airfilter....)

st1300-radio-removed-side.jpg
st1300-radio-sida.jpg
st1300-radio-upp.jpg
st1300-radio-holes.jpg

The upper hole had controller,speaker and powerwires.
The lower was for the antenna.

st-13300-antenn.jpg

The antenna had a grounding with a green wire.

I love the space in the left pocket! :run1:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
There is a special place in Heaven for those who post great pics of an installation. Or a de-installation for that matter. Bless you my son!

I don't a radio to remove and don't wish to install one but it's really very interesting and informative to see what riders went through to accomplish a task. Thanks!

step.leahy

ST3P
Bike
ST1300 2004
Was there much of a market for these radios? I've removed one including the pocket. I replaced the whole pocket so the radio is still in a pocket for simpler fitting.
I've also got a Baehr Verso Intercom with headsets.

Top Bottom