Ivan's Fuel Cut Eeliminator for the ST1300

Folks,
I just obtained, second hand, the fuel cut eliminator mentioned above, and am wondering if any member might have installed one and retained the installation instructions, and would share them with me, please.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Folks,
I just obtained, second hand, the fuel cut eliminator mentioned above, and am wondering if any member might have installed one and retained the installation instructions, and would share them with me, please.
PM me and I'll send you a copy. I've got a new one still in the package.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I've got a couple of them that customers have had me remove from their bikes, because they didn't work as advertised, or hoped etc.
IMHO this was a fix to a problem that didn't exist.
When the bike is in a correct state of tune, and everything is adjusted correctly, and maybe even a G2 Throttle tamer added, these were not needed.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Do you by any chance still have the fce in a box and would you consider selling it
Sorry, I gave that away along with a box of assorted sensors I'd bought a couple years ago now, trying to fix my misfire issue. At least in my case the FCE didn't make any noticeable change. If you're trying to smooth the throttle response I recommend adjusting all the slack out of the throttle cables and / or fitting a Throttle Tamer. The Turbo Tom higher pressure fuel regulator seemed to help too but these are no longer available unless someone's got one knocking around their shop somewhere. I gave mine away too.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I've got a couple of them that customers have had me remove from their bikes, because they didn't work as advertised, or hoped etc.
IMHO this was a fix to a problem that didn't exist.
When the bike is in a correct state of tune, and everything is adjusted correctly, and maybe even a G2 Throttle tamer added, these were not needed.
It was a solution in search of a problem.

Every year I go to a big hardware store sale. They bring in manufacturer's reps for wood working machinery and have hucksters pitching their products. Many of them are devices that solve a wood working problem you might have once every few years. Another way to describe these gadgets is they answer questions that have not been asked.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Did you ever hear from the guy who bought it? Did you ever find out what the problem was. Everyone hear who read that escapade surely wants to know as I do.
Nope, Never heard from him, so either he didn't fix it or forgot to tell me. I never bothered to contact him as I was completely "over it" as they say. It will remain a mystery and rare fail on my part to fix something.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Nope, Never heard from him, so either he didn't fix it or forgot to tell me. I never bothered to contact him as I was completely "over it" as they say. It will remain a mystery and rare fail on my part to fix something.
While I can certainly understand the desire to be done with it and get it out of mind after all it put you through, your ability to restrain your curiosity is impressive nonetheless. I think that I would have been tempted to make disclosure of the final diagnosis, assuming one was ever found, a half-hearted condition of sale. Being something that I was never able to resolve, I would want to know what defeated me for posterity sake if for no other reason of substance.

Good on you. I hope you are enjoying your current ride more than enough to make up for past headaches.

Bike
2003 ST1300
STOC #
Looks like if we ever run out of ECMs for the 1300 (like we may already have!) and the only solution is to replace a failed one with a computer like the MegaSquirt, then the Fuel Cut Off issue could be resolved, as Fuel Cut Off activation seems to be optional with such a computer (so no need for an "Eliminator" if the Cut Off is not activated to begin with).

And even if Fuel Cut Off was activated, there seems to be enough customization available to help tame any throttle snatch.

Top Bottom