Marker/turn signal bulb

Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Help please:
ST1300 R turn signal works,but not as a marker light though. Question: it is 21/5w 12v. Auto Zone has no clue what bulb works ( in person). Anyone have more specific info ? Even the repair manual doesn't have any more details. Thanks!

OP
OP
Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Thanks. Have to check the number, but Advance Auto got me a 25/5w and it works like a charm. Changed the other side since they likely are original...95,100 miles. Many thanks all.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
Has any one found a good Amber / Red flashback LED 7443 to use in the rear turn signal yet? The first two I have tried have issues. The first one works correctly but the Red is too bright. The second one has the logic reversed - steady amber and flashing Red. I could make either of these work but it is not plug and play. I just ordered another one but the red might be too bright too. hard to tell since they do not publish the dc current values. I will keep looking and let everyone know when I find the right one. I really like the amber white switchback LED that I now have on the front.

Back to Gilly57 first question... if you remove the rear turn signal only the outer two pins are connected. The middle pin is for the running light. I just carefully soldered a wire to the center pin and put on a male bullet connector. I had to trim the middle out of the connector to rehook up the turn signal. This center pin you will want to connect to your running (parking) light circuit. which can be tapped from either tail light. Once we Identify the best amber red type 2 swithcback light you will have an awesome full tail light... in the mean time the amber turn signal will be lit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom