One staintune ?

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Someone is selling a right side only staintune exhaust for 150 bucks... good deal and have considered buying it and waiting for a left to come up for sale ....

But made me wonder if you could run one side oem and the other a staintune

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
The left one is dented in and scratched up but it still works, just looks bad. Bike went down on left side a couple years ago so I've re-fitted the OEMs. No idea what they might be worth, $250 for the pair?

OP
OP
Jethro77
Bike
No bike
STOC #
The left one is dented in and scratched up but it still works, just looks bad. Bike went down on left side a couple years ago so I've re-fitted the OEMs. No idea what they might be worth, $250 for the pair?
Let me think about that... cheaper than a set of delvonics.... I wonder about the shipping cost from Timbuktu, is that in Mali?
PM me if you'll do 200 shipped (not to be cheap but unless I can un-dent your left it isn't worth much to me)

Otherwise I'm still wondering if different mufflers on either side is a mechanical issue or just an aesthetic issue

Bike
2010 ST1300
Last I checked Timbuktu was in western Africa (you're right, Mali). I would think (not an expert here) that different back pressures from dissimilar mufflers would not be good for the engine. Performance people are always talking about rejetting carbs when less restrictive mufflers are fitted so, that suggests you will get different power outputs from one side of the engine depending on the muffler's restriction to exhaust gas flow.

Bike
07 ST1300
I need either a straight outlet right or a turned down outlet left side. May as well throw that in here. I have a brand new mismatched pair. They work fine. I wouldnt mix stock and stain though. At best it would sound funny.

Bike
2004 ST1300
I need either a straight outlet right or a turned down outlet left side. May as well throw that in here. I have a brand new mismatched pair. They work fine. I wouldnt mix stock and stain though. At best it would sound funny.
It might sound great with just one. They sound kind of funny with two stock ones. Although you might be tempted to constantly rev it while waiting for the traffic light to change.;)

Top Bottom