ST1300 ABS weak rear brake

Bike
st1300
So, after winter hibernation Im ready for new season.
Last year I bled brake system. During my first ride this year I noticed spongy foot pedal.
I bled rear cylinder and proportioning valve. Pedal seams to be fine but breaking power for rear seams weak.
How weak is rear brake itself ? How to test it ? I know in bikes rear brake is always weaker but what is the limit.
This is my first bike with ABS and systems so complicated. Still would like to have it working properly.
Please help.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
View attachment ST1300%20Flushing,%20Bleeding%20Hydraulic%20Fluids.pdf
So, after winter hibernation Im ready for new season.
Last year I bled brake system. During my first ride this year I noticed spongy foot pedal.
I bled rear cylinder and proportioning valve. Pedal seams to be fine but breaking power for rear seams weak.
How weak is rear brake itself ? How to test it ? I know in bikes rear brake is always weaker but what is the limit.
This is my first bike with ABS and systems so complicated. Still would like to have it working properly.
Please help.
Depending on lots of variables, the rear brake, by itself, is minimally effective. As the weight transfers to the front on deceleration, the rear brake becomes even less useful. However, the ST1300 has linked brakes. Re bleed the whole braking system, correctly. I included one of the great, detailed instructions from another member on the attachment. Be sure your disks and pads are clean and free of oil.

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
You've only got half as much braking power in the rear as you do in the front, for starters. And like the previous poster stated, once the rear gets unloaded, it's far less than that. Rear brakes are really only used to stabilize the bike during braking - the fronts do the vast majority of the work...

Top Bottom