I'm This Close.......

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner

Going to talk to the dealer again in the morning. I've already been given a trade-in value as high or higher than fair market value. I feel like the dealer is actually working pretty hard to sell me this bike. He knows he blew it when I bought my current Tenere from another dealership.

I'm really missing cruise control on a bike. Had to do a long interstate stint in order to get home from GA and wanted to be able to rest my hand. I used my throttle lock some but it works much better in Kansas than eastern Tennessee. I want a real factory cruise with built in switches........I know.......... first world problem.

If I purchase, it will be the first time I've ever bought a newer version to my current bike.......like some did with the ST 1300 I guess.
Mike

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That's a great color, good luck, I do like the dash display better than the previous version.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I think as much as you like the one you have now, you will like the new one even better. I took a 2015ES for a test ride last year before buying my Tiger. And I sure did like it!
And yes factory cruise is wonderful!

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
That looks like the Kreis Weigel yellow paint edition. I'd say go for it. Ya only live once...

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Had cruise on the RT and became really spoiled. It looks like I can take everything off of my bike except the Alt-rider skid plate and wind screens. That will save a ton of money on farkles.....that actually did make the wife happy......small victory.
Mike

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Close but no cigar. I've decided to keep what I have for now. Couldn't bring myself to go in debt for a new bike. I dicided the difference between a 2013 and 2016 Tenere isnt worth $7000. I will upgrade the clutch and put in a manual CCT to smooth this one out a bit.

The Super 10 has given me 30k miles of smiles in 22 months. I dont see why next 30k would be any different.
Mike

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
Close but no cigar. I've decided to keep what I have for now.
Damn. I was hoping throw the blame at you to SWAMBO, as I'm contemplating to trade my '13 Triumph Explorer for a '17 Explorer XRT.

Well...maybe I won't blame you if it happens...I'll just tell her it's your fault. :D

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Damn. I was hoping throw the blame at you to SWAMBO, as I'm contemplating to trade my '13 Triumph Explorer for a '17 Explorer XRT.

Well...maybe I won't blame you if it happens...I'll just tell her it's your fault. :D
That's funny. You have my permission to blame me.....use whatever excuse that works :D
Mike

Top Bottom