Grr - Tip over!

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Was on a beautiful ride on Skyline drive just past Scofield Utah, with my brother on his Harley and his son-in-law as my passenger. My brother pulls over to the shoulder so we could determine our next route - just before we connect with Hwy 6. I sense the ground is a little uneven, but decide it should be ok. Pillion gets off, I put the side stand down, we talk for a bit and a bit of wind gusts and BOOM, my bike goes over.

Unfortunately, my MCL Highway blades were open and the tip over bent it enough to not close at all and basically serves as an embarrassing lesson if you feel like the slope isn't in your favor, don't try it!

Fortunately, once I was home, I was able to take the bent blade off and hammer it straight so you can't tell it happened, but sure was irritating!

Bike
05 ST1300A
STOC #
I had a similar result in a gas station tip over, but the wing actually broke off. Fortunately I ordered just the wing piece from mcl and didn't have to buy an entire new set.

Bike
St1300
Nearly dropped mine coming up over a pass in Andorra, Stopped on one of the Hair pins to get a couple of pic's kicked the side stand down and as i started leaning the bike over onto it. It started to go further than i wanted it to, luckily i managed to upright it and choice another place to stop before it went passed the point of no return.

Lee

Top Bottom