ST1300 Dash Mount for Phone

I need to mount my iPhone on the Dash to run Google Maps.
Is there a secure way of doing that. I can't stand the thought of a suction cup falling off the windshield.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Check out the RAM-B-309-1 ram ball mount along with TXL-HOL-UN7B.

This is what I use and it works well, but mostly I use it for the EZ pass transponder

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
Bike
'09 1300
STOC #
I have been looking at about every option out there and came up with this
Nelson Rigg CL-GPS-MG GPS Journey Mate Magnetic Mount GPS & Smartphone Pocket
I know it's not dash mount and that's what I would prefer but it seems to have the least amount of drawbacks. You are supposed to be able to access the phones functions thru the cover. The reasons I didn't go with the Ram mount is location option, price and blocked access to the ignition key. My experience with handlebar mounts is that it's inherent design makes it move. My wife has the Heliriser with the ball mount and power outlet. That's a pretty good setup. Still you have the movement issue. But most of the time I've used my GPS is in a straight line or at a stop. So, maybe that is sort of a wash. I'm about ready to go old-school and change back to maps!

Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
I personally use the X Grip holder (included in one of the links Reginald posted above): http://www.rammount.com/brand/apple/iphone_mounts#x-grip

Rock solid hold on my phone - not specific to any particular model phone/device so you could always re purpose it in the future etc...don't recall what I paid for it but don't care at this point. Allows me to mount my phone and I don't have to worry about it.

I have a Ram ball plate on my clutch fluid cover and have the X Grip attached to that.....

It looks like there are options for anyone with an iPhone.

For other phones, Slip Grip makes holders for a wide variety of phones. http://www.slipgripcarmounts.com/
I use a Ballistic case for my LG G3 and the Slip Grip holder made specifically for that case and phone combination. It's made to be used with the RAM mount system.

I actually use a Ram mount Suction type with a siccor like universal phone holder. I have it mounted just ahead of my gas cap on the tank between the handle bars. I have had no trouble at all. Can almost hang off it! It holds that good. Easily removes with a half turn at the base for cleaning etc...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Bike
2007 ST1300A
I use the x- grip as well for my Iphone 5. I have it mounted with a Ramball on my Heli-risers. For peace of mind you may want to get a rubber tether to secure your phone.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
+2 on the X-grip. Over 20,000 miles of trouble free use. Just make sure to check the little rubber buttons are seated from time to time.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Just make sure to check the little rubber buttons are seated from time to time.
One of mine started coming loose or off fairly often, as I removed the cover from the bike. A dab of super glue on the X-mount prong when I last re-installed the rubber tip should prevent that from recurring. And that is exactly what RAM suggests as the corrective action, it wasn't just me doing it.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Yep. I just Gorilla glued all 4 rubber tips on my X grip. Good product.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bike
06 Honda ST1300
I have a Samsung Note 4 with an Otterbox case. I used the belt holster that came with the phone case and mounted a Ramball to, it works fine. I added a safety cable just in case the mount breaks.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Bike
2005 ST1300
I have a Samsung Note 4 with an Otterbox case. I used the belt holster that came with the phone case and mounted a Ramball to, it works fine. I added a safety cable just in case the mount breaks.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
That was creative. Nice job.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Good day everyone. I am looking into this ram mount as an option, but am uncertain of it’s fit. Does anyone here have any input good or bad, please? Thank you.

RAM Mounts RAM-B-309-6U Motorcycle Brake/Clutch Reservoir Double Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball

or one of these:

RAM Mounts Reservoir Cover Kit

Top Bottom