ST1300 Dash Mount for Phone

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Good day everyone. I am looking into this ram mount as an option, but am uncertain of it’s fit. Does anyone here have any input good or bad, please? Thank you.

RAM Mounts RAM-B-309-6U Motorcycle Brake/Clutch Reservoir Double Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball

or one of these:

RAM Mounts Reservoir Cover Kit
RAM Mounts RAM-B-309-6U Motorcycle Brake/Clutch Reservoir Double Ball Base with B Size 1" Ball https://a.co/d/el1Gb68

I had one, they work fine.
AAA214BC-151C-4018-AD51-05727F13DB91.png

We ordered from Bike-Quip: It shipped fast, looks great and relatively easy to install.

We broke one of the plastic push-pin rivet thingies. I superglued it.

I think this is it: https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/08P73-MCS-80015?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwjYKjBhB5EiwAiFdSfkKTa3VZH9XdpTogkJcZzWUMRlREhY7U4sqKZXRltoebYCNZeBGa7BoCB7gQAvD_BwE

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
I used to use a RAM X mount, but I saw a Quadlock at an STOC event and I was sold on that. It's been mentioned above in this thread only once. You will have to get the quadlock case for your phone (that replaced my Spigen) but they have a whole array of options from which to choose. I got the anti vibration mounting and their wireless charger (a misnomer, for sure). The quadlock system mounts to a RAM ball, the "wireless charger" plugs into a usb port, and you mate the phone's lock to the charger, push down and turn it 45 degrees. Its locked in solid and is charging while you ride.

Bike
2010 ST1300
@SMSW Are you saying you had trouble with the RAM mount?
No none at all. I said their "cordless charger" was a misnomer. It has a cord and requires a usb port providing USB power. From that point on (charger to phone) it is cordless. Fortunately, I had a powerlet on my self installed 'dashboard' and I bought a powerlet to usb adapter on ebay. I did use it on a 5 hour ride and the phone was playing music and linked to my Cardo. At the end of the ride, the phone's charge was at 99%. I started with 100%. I'll have to do some more testing to see if the charger was not keeping up with the phone's power usage.

It will take some fiddling around to figure out how to lock and unlock your phone. Once you do it a couple of times, it's easy peasy.

Top Bottom