seat adjuster won't stay on high... falls to low setting while riding

Bike
ST1300 2004
STOC #
what?
Hi Team ST,

I have a 2004 ST1300 with a Corbin front seat.

The Corbin seat seems to sit on top of the front height adjuster as opposed to fitting inside of it, which seems ok.

Problem is as I'm riding the seat adjuster works itself to the low position.

Has anybody had a similar issue?

I'm thinking of a way to lock the adjuster at the highest setting... maybe jam something into the slots to prevent the rear thingy from sliding back therefore preventing the front thingy from falling from the high slot to the low slot.

Any ideas?

thanks !

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
It appears that your seat adjustment base is broken on the left side, right where you wrote on the picture.
Probably from jamming the seat in and allowing it to sit on instead of inside correctly.
You can probably order a new base unit from Ronayers.com and swap out the rest of your hardware.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
My Corbin fits tough. Once the front slot engages the bar, the rear of the seat should settle on the rear part. Mine fits tight and needs a little gentle persuasion. If the rear of seat sets properly it will keep the adjuster from moving.

ToddC

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I made the mistake of thinking the bar was between the seat (OEM) and tab when it was actually under the tab. Some riding and heat bent the tab to the seat and made it difficult to fit properly. Larry caught the error and muscled it properly in place.

To permanently fix the seat I wedged an ratchet extension in between the seat and the tab (wasn't easy) and hit the tab with a hair dryer (no heat gun at the time) and left the extension in place overnight. It's now right as rain and I pay attention when putting the seat back on.

Maybe the Corbin seat's tab can be similarly 'adjusted' to fit easier around the bar instead of accidentally on it or you might have this problem again.

OP
OP
SanDiegoDan
Bike
ST1300 2004
STOC #
what?
I scrounged around the office and found these two little doohickies that were intended as hardware for mounting a whiteboard on the wall. They seem purpose designed for jamming into the rear slots of my seat adjustment mechanism... a perfect fit. Testing begins on tonight's ride home, and even if they damage something the risk is small because these seat adjuster brackets are cheap and plentiful on ebay.

seat doohickies.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom