BMW AirFlow Pants - Questions

Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
I have lost weight recently and an old pair of pants now fit - BMW AirFlow pants. I have only worn these pants a few times before, but I am thinking about wearing them for a trip down the East Coast to Florida in a few weeks. I am hoping that someone is familiar with these pants and can answer a few questions:

- Are these pants made to be worn over jeans, or just over underwear?

- Are these pants waterproof / water resistant?

- Do these pants provide reasonable protection? They do have knee pads, but I am concerned that these airflow pants may be made for comfort in warm weather.

Tom

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
- Are these pants waterproof / water resistant?
I am not familiar with these pants, but Motorcycle Consumer News always tests their 'waterproof' gear w/ a hose. You might think of trying the same.

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
I am not familiar with that brand but in the summer I wear my (fieldshear. Mesh over pants) over shorts. That way if stop somewhere to eat I can take off my over pants and go in to eat. Also with shorts on these mesh pants run pretty cool! mine are not water resistant (not really worried about it in the summer) they do have knee and hip protection.
Good luck with your. Pants see ya on the road

OP
OP
Bike
2004 ST1300 ABS
I think I will just wear these pants in different kinds of weather over the next few weeks. The weather forecast includes cold and wet, as well as some warm weather. I will try them over jeans and over shorts. I am sure they will be good in the warm weather, but I am concerned about the cold and rain. Worst case I could also bring a pair of Frog Togg pants.

Top Bottom