Building My own MoJo lever.

I am building my own MoJo lever. I have permission from the maker.
Does anyone have one and can post a picture of what the dismount end looks like without the plastic end on it?
thank You.

OP
OP
The tip of mine just screws in so I don't know if these will be any help. Also, notice the 'grind out' I did on the other end. This makes the tire removal a lot easier.
Thanks Uncle Phil.
Oh, so Looks You ground the install end?
Do you mean easier to install the tire?
I may have to try that.
I can just see me pulling My back wheel, and breaking down the tire, and dis mounting and re mounting it, To try out my MoJolever
meanwhile the back tire is like new....................LOL

EDIT
I think the tip I have coming attaches with a 3/8 bolt.

Last edited:
Bike
GL1800 2015
here's what a buddy of mine made....Have not really tried it out since I gave up on my own tire changes...if somebody wants it, they can have it! local pick up only!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Thanks Uncle Phil.
Oh, so Looks You ground the install end?
Do you mean easier to install the tire?
I may have to try that.
I can just see me pulling My back wheel, and breaking down the tire, and dis mounting and re mounting it, To try out my MoJolever
meanwhile the back tire is like new....................LOL

EDIT
I think the tip I have coming attaches with a 3/8 bolt.
I broke the end off of mine so I retapped it and put a bigger bolt in it. Yes, grinding that little bit off the other end makes it grab the edge of the tire a lot better than the original design.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
It is just a piece of special formed 'plastic' over a bolt - may Delvin? If could find a cylinder of it, you could drill the center hole and counter sink for the bolt head and grind the outside into the shape you need.

OP
OP
Yeah, Thanks Phil, I have a 10" metal lathe for that matter.
here is what the man told me.
"Don’t have any good pics handy, but the main part of the bar is 3/4" square stock. The end has a 0.5” long portion that’s turned to 3/4" round on a lathe, and there’s a transition area, 1.776” long, between the two (a 5-degree taper). "
I am not too concerned about the "transition area"as I may just use round stock to make mine out of, So it sounds like if I used 1" bar, I would just machine the end down to 3/4" diameter, bu 1/2" long, and drill and thread the center hole to what ever size it is. I will measure the threads when I get the parts.

OP
OP
I broke the end off of mine so I retapped it and put a bigger bolt in it. Yes, grinding that little bit off the other end makes it grab the edge of the tire a lot better than the original design.
The tip of mine just screws in so I don't know if these will be any help. Also, notice the 'grind out' I did on the other end. This makes the tire removal a lot easier.
Since I am making this from the start, I wonder is just setting the bar part back fruther ifrom the start, and welding in place, instead of grinding part of it away.
Hope that is clear.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Since I am making this from the start, I wonder is just setting the bar part back fruther ifrom the start, and welding in place, instead of grinding part of it away.
Hope that is clear.
That should work. The 'original' one was too straight and did not work as well until I did that grinding. IRRC, I broke the tip off removing a BT020 - tough rear tire to deal with!

OP
OP
That should work. The 'original' one was too straight and did not work as well until I did that grinding. IRRC, I broke the tip off removing a BT020 - tough rear tire to deal with!
OK, Thanks Uncle Phil, I'll let you all know how it goes.
I am waiting for parts now.
Not sure if I mentioned, But I might make mine Round, like the No skuff model.
BTY, how long are these things, about 3 feet?

OP
OP
Oh, you say it was "too straight" So you put more of an angle in the "nose" of the tool?

OP
OP
wow, this is interesting, here is another makers version,
note there is NO offset AT ALL to the nose on the mount end. mount2 no scuff.jpg

OP
OP
Does anyone know how big a wheel the HF changer will handle. (Motorcycle attachment)
My front wheel is 21"
thanks,
Tony

Top Bottom