Building My own MoJo lever.

OP
OP
My biggest is 18" and there still 'outward' adjustment holes.
Good to Know Phil. thank you sir! I would figure I will be OK with the 21 inch then.
probably won't be getting the top fixture (motorcycle adapter) till next month.
You know, I heard the new motorcycle adapter is sloppier than the old ones.
guys were saying they were shimming the sliding parts.
I plan on making my own Mo jo blocks.

STOC #
Scootac and I shoe-horned a pair of Bridgestone T30 tires on his ST1300 the other day. After the struggle I realized NoMar doesn't make tire changing equipment. They make exercise machines thinly disguised as tire changers though.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Scootac and I shoe-horned a pair of Bridgestone T30 tires on his ST1300 the other day. After the struggle I realized NoMar doesn't make tire changing equipment. They make exercise machines thinly disguised as tire changers though.
Ain't it the truth! Maybe we can start a 'gym' program where people pay us to allow them to install our tires in order to get a proper 'work out' ... :D

OP
OP
Here is what I came up with on the dismount end.
If I can find a correct size pipe, the steel stock will be welded into the correct size pipe.
If I had a 3 foot long piece of 3/4 stock, that would be nice too, I could drill a 3/4" hole into a piece of 3/4" square stock, to form my mount end.
But I don't think a 3/4" steel stock will pass through my spindle.
That is the trouble with that lathe.
Now, I don't know yet, but I may end up with a dis mount bar, Dismount 1.jpgDismount 2.jpg
AND a Mount bar. Don't matter to me.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Nice work....I'm getting inspired here! I had thought of this, but other projects beckoned. I used a recip saw to get my last tire off, and tie-wraps to mount it. Worked ok, but I'd love to give this a go.

Thanks for the ideas!

OP
OP
Here is what I came up with on the dismount end.
If I can find a correct size pipe, the steel stock will be welded into the correct size pipe.
If I had a 3 foot long piece of 3/4 stock, that would be nice too, I could drill a 3/4" hole into a piece of 3/4" square stock, to form my mount end.
But I don't think a 3/4" steel stock will pass through my spindle.
That is the trouble with that lathe.
Now, I don't know yet, but I may end up with a dis mount bar, Dismount 1.jpgDismount 2.jpg
AND a Mount bar. Don't matter to me.
well, this is a crappy picture, but it's about a 30" or so long piece of 1/2 inside diameter black pipe. I machined down the piece above to press fit inside the black pipe, and pinned it with 2, 3/16" roll pins.
I am quite happy with the way it turned out though.
Did not do nothing with the mount end yet.
that is next. Dismount tool.jpg

Top Bottom