ST1300 Seat Position Preference

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I think I read it here some place to remove the rear seat rubber cushions. I did that and the seat will go lower into the next tab. It helps with not wanting to slide ahead so much. I have the front in the middle and now the rear can go to it's lowest position.

Attachments

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I'm 5' 11", or at least I was in my youth :), and have a 34" inseam. The MCL risers were installed by the PO and I have the seat in the highest position in the front bracket, but the second from highest in the rear, to reduce sliding forward during braking. I sit pretty upright, perhaps partially due to the seat position (?) and don't have any noticeable weight on my wrists.
:plus1: For the long trips, this is exactly how I have it, and it normally stays that way, although a short ride with twisties I go on the lowest all over. Its not the most comfortable, but the CofG seems so much lower and better in the tight corners. BTW, I have an aftermarket seat so that changes things a bit as well.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I have the front in the middle and now the rear can go to it's lowest position.
I keep my seat in the high positions front and back. It's a bit of a stretch on occasion but doable.

The most comfortable position was middle for both front and back. However something from the seat (molding ribs?) caused small divots in the Tup so I went back to high/high. It only seemed to happen with the rear of the rider's seat in the middle position.

If the Tup didn't (doesn't?) suffer I'd try high/mid or high/low. Let us know how that works out for you!

Last edited:

Kevcules

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300
I keep my seat in the high positions front and back. It's a bit of a stretch on occasion but doable.

The most comfortable position was middle for both front and back. However something from the seat (molding ribs?) caused small divots in the Tup so I went back to high/high. It only seemed to happen with the rear of the rider's seat in the middle position.

If the Tup didn't (doesn't?) suffer I'd try high/mid or high/low. Let us know how that works out for you!
Has anyone else removed those rubbers? That's the only way I could get the rear of the seat in it's lowest position. I have a RDL seat and I am pushing it (tippy toes on the ground) with having the front of the seat in the "middle" position. Going to the high position isn't going to work......

Bike
06 ST1300 Blk Beauty
Does this company sell a kit to raise pegs ? I am dragging in corners badly!

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Spent a little time with IGOFAR discussing this and elected to go high/high setting to get air under the seat that may improve heat issues. 6' even 32 inseam and find it tolerable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Just did a 300 mile ride in 108 degree heat, with the seat in the High/High position, wearing lee jeans, mesh sneakers, and ankle high socks, the only discomfort I felt was the heat blowing on my face and shoulders.
I find this seat position to be the best for my style of riding.

Top Bottom