OP
OP
KTD1911

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
I just looked at a 2015 at my local BMW, Ducati and Triumph dealer. Somebody traded it in with 240 miles on it. And his buddy traded in a 1290 Super Duke. It had about the same miles on it. Too fast for them. They told me they had more dollars than sense. Lol
He traded in the one like yours on a Triumph cruiser. They are asking $16,900 for it. Probably a good thing my knee would not let me ride it! I did not even ask the price for the Super Duke.
i just bought mine for 16,500 brand new from a topeka dealer there is one more in kc wants 16,700

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Used 2015 here @ $16,999 about 5,000 miles.

Farkled up with Jesse bags and with some Touratech items. Traded in for a Goldwing but the guy traded an F6B on the SA.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Nice looking bike Karl. Can't wait to see it in person. We are going to have a classy campsite in Ouray with the new rides :D
Mike

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I just looked at a 2015 at my local BMW, Ducati and Triumph dealer. Somebody traded it in with 240 miles on it. And his buddy traded in a 1290 Super Duke.
The 1290 Super Duke should come with a medical policy and a prepaid postage envelope addressed to your DMV so you can just turn in your license without any hassle. I'd sure like to try one though.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
The 1290 Super Duke should come with a medical policy and a prepaid postage envelope addressed to your DMV so you can just turn in your license without any hassle. I'd sure like to try one though.
It probably does not way any more than my DR650 with maybe
45 HP. And that thing has 150 or more HP. I thought they said 170. I'm not sure what it has. I would like to ride it one time!

OP
OP
KTD1911

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
well i am back from a 2300 mile trip on my new KTM 1290 SA.
i thought i would list my thoughts
the ktm is a blast to ride
the OEM seat is atrocious already contacted Russel day long for build date
the windscreen needs improving a little quieter cockpit would be nice
the bike is very confidence inspiring in the twisties, i will now call this bike a sport bike with ground clearance
i found riding the twisties in Ohio i was passing everybody with a bike that was still new to me it just falls into corners
the power WOW!! 150hp at the rear wheel just twist the throttle in any gear and take off!!!!!
fuel eco. ? i averaged 40 mpg for whole trip that was including slab speeds of 85mph for most of trip or low gear twisties in ohio
electronics worked great the electronic cruise was amazing kept speed within 2mph up/down just hit "set" without any surge and the display shows set speed
according to my gps the indicated mph is off 2-3 mph
i am taking the bike down to KY tomorrow and the to CO. next week we will see how the chain drive last as well as tires(although rear tire may not last long with all that power )
i wil post more info later

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks for the follow up report. Hmmmm, maybe this could replace the ST1300 and the 950SE. At least, I might be able to sell that bike to my wife with that idea.

OP
OP
KTD1911

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
i thought i would do a little follow up on my 2015 KTM super adventure . I now have ridden 9800 miles on it since late may.
cons:
factory seat : absolutely horrible after i arived home fro roc-stoc i ordered my russel day long. i now enjoy longer days in the saddle

OEM panniers : the OEM pain-ers would not stay latched they were only a thin aluminum cladding over abs I would spend several minutes trying to close them and latch them. i now have Givi outback trekers , nice heavy all aluminum panniers but i think their size may be affecting my mpg though

tires : i am now on my third rear tire in 9800 miles it may be a medical caused issue{something wrong with my wrist and high hp :D }

windscreen: way too much buffeting and noise i replaced with a cal sci windscreen much quieter than oem

fuel gauge : the gauge will stick and if you don't watch your miles you will run out of gas . but was confusing the bike computer was telling me i had a fuel pump issue , the fuel gauge was reading full so i towed it to my dealer the service dept had it for an hour and i went back to see how it was going ? the service tech was bewildered, as he was cycling thru my computer settings i noticed that my trip odometer red 319 miles . i asked the tech if it was possible i was out of fuel. he looked exasperated at the very thought but he checked and yep it was empty . ugh !!!! he did a software update and not having any issues on it now except i get low fuel warnings with 100 miles left on tank

front fork seals : already had to replace under factory warranty
rear suspension : needed a software update

PROS: great handling
light easy to pick up if you drop it ( yes i have already dropped it)
the amenities: Cruise Control - heated grips -heated seats - electronic traction control - electronic suspension modes - selectable power/drive modes
all of the amenities have worked flawlessly
ergos : the ergonomics are perfect for me i have not needed to adjust the handle bars, i do keep the seat on lowest setting now that i have the RDL seat

i am looking forward to ridding to many more events on this ktm for many years to come :bow1:

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
tires : i am now on my third rear tire in 9800 miles it may be a medical caused issue{something wrong with my wrist and high hp :D }
:
Thanks for the follow up. I have a 950SE and with the more dirt oriented tires, I'm happy to get more than 2000 miles out of a rear tire. I've always wondered if a tire company actually owns KTM

OP
OP
KTD1911

KTD1911

R.I.P. - 2020/10/13
Rest In Peace
Bike
2018 can am spyderf3
Thanks for the follow up. I have a 950SE and with the more dirt oriented tires, I'm happy to get more than 2000 miles out of a rear tire. I've always wondered if a tire company actually owns KTM
my first set was conti attack but i picked up bolt on way back from rock stoc and i could not get plug to stay. i then had an me880 for better highway miles) and now MPR4 for rear i am still using the original conti attack on front

Bike
HD VROD
Had a 2015 1290 SA. Put 77000 miles on it. Got a powerparts saddle, ROX risers, madstad windshield. They eat tires, every other tire change is a chain and sprockets change. Bags were poor, touratech upgrade is worth it. Ran flawlessly. Had 2 instances of fuel filter clogs, both fixed under warranty. Added Piaa driving lights, and LED headlights. Fantastic motorcycle.
traded it on a Superduke GT. I could not get comfortable on it; the ergonomics were not a fit for me. New seats, bars, windshields - nothing worked. The KTM power and handling are addictive! After I wear out this new ST (2017), I’ll get another KTM.

Jethro

R.I.P. - 2023/10/20
Rest In Peace
Bike
2006 st1300
Fwiw. My ” new” 2020 Suzuki 1050 vSTrom,$13,4995 $CDN 5 year warranty,included free Garmin sumo.factory crash bars.107 h.p..PULLS LIKE A TRACTOR.manual suspension adjustments(most people set it & forget it). Cruise ,traction,abs modes.Simple hand controls.No heated grips.Air Hawk seat onorder!,as well as Givi ut805 tail bag.Great dealer network.tubeless tyre spoked rims. Fun nimble for over nighter etc.It ain’T no ST1300 though!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
KTM has my vote, in the Smiles Per Miles category.
I will have to try an Africa Twin before I get my next dualsport, but I can't imagine it being more fun than a Katoom. It may well be "as much" fun, we shall see.
But no time soon.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
I can see a 2021 KTM SAR in my future ... once they become available in North America, it looks like a really amazing bike capable of going anywhere

Top Bottom