A confession and a thought!

Bike
2010 ST1300
Well, having a correct rotation throttle and after reading all those previous post on throttle rotation direction..........I'm now thoroughly confused, and not sure if I should still ride or not:D:).
I was going to suggest spinning the brake lever around, so that it was on the inside (rider's side) of the handlebar. You would actuate it with your thumb, and with natural selection working as Darwin proposed, riders with their hands reversed would survive and thrive, and the rest of us would fade slowly away.

forget about the patent office I have already copied and printed the idea and put it in an sealed envelope and mailed to myself i now have all the patent rights:D
That envelope and a few bucks will get you a cuppa coffee at Starbucks.

Must have missed that post. What did happen to Vishnu? Hope he is OK!
He is fine - I didn't mean to scare anyone. Two years ago on the OHSTOC ride, he slid off the road - hit gravel or something, and did a lot of damage to his bike. Nothing more than a few bruises. My point was, I was doing the same as he was - riding at your own chosen speed over (probably) some of the same roads under the same conditions, in the same group and someone I knew had an accident. And, I suspect that he is a better rider than I am, and he certainly has more miles under his belt.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Back in HS....one of my friends was given his uncle's 1940's-something Harley. The spark advance was on the left handlebar grip and rotated forward to retard the spark for the starting ritual. Juggling two rotating grips bothered me, although the 'forward to retard' direction prevented accidental retarding (which I thought you had to be to ride that thing...already hopelessly spoiled by Honda) while under acceleration.

Top Bottom