Questions from a new owner

mlp

I recently purchased a new to me 06 1300.
It has MCL risers installed but I could use a little more height and set back.
Any easy way to accomplish this?
Rear tire will need replacing soon, and currently has Road Pilot 2's.
Would this be the best tire for secondary or two lane roads.
MotorCycle Superstore has Pilot Road 4 for 197.00.
Is that good or does everyone shop somewhere else?
Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Mike

Bike
2010 ST1300
You sound like you are new to this site. I suggest that you go to the Forums page, scroll down to Technical and read about various tires under their brands. You can also search for info on RP4's by typing that in the search box. You will find a wealth of info elsewhere on this site - more than you will get by asking a question - if for no other reason than many more people have seen and responded to similar questions in the past than will see your question in a few days.

I can't help you on the MCL risers, though you might go to riser manufacturer's websites and look at the tech specs of various risers - each manufacturer lists the rise, angle and setback of the handlebars. You cannot alter any given brand of riser, so your only option might be to sell the mcl's in the for sale forum and buy a riser block that suits you.

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
What they said .... also make sure you have explored the different seat adjustments before you decide a riser change is necessary. Enjoy the ST!

Bike
2004 ST1300
What has been already mentioned is good advice. Do some reading.
On my last two bikes I've had excellant results with the Shinko 777HD, but not available in the ST1300 size. The Shinko Verge at Motorcycle Super Store for $98 will be my choice when it's ready for the first rear tire replacement.

After adding my risers, I felt tha same as you, that I needed a little more. Easiest way for me to accomplish what I wanted at that point was to have the seat reworked. Dropped me down and moved me foward.
I've gotten tires at motorcycle superstore, Dennis kirk and American tire .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom