Sena 10

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300
I got a Sena 10 last December and it works fine once I get it to turn on. I know that you have to hold the Jog and Phone button for one second to turn it on. With my unit I have to sometimes do this three or four times before it will come on. And I have to press really hard on the Phone button to finally get it to turn on. I sent a note to Sena asking about the matter and I got a short note back saying I should push a paper clip end into the reset hole which would reset the device to factory specs. Does this sound right and has anyone else had a problem like this?

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I have two Sena SMH10s. I've not had this problem with either. Sounds like a mechanical switch issue to me but the reset can't hurt. Try it and then work with Sena to get a warranty replacement if it doesn't work.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'd try it, can't lose by trying. These things are tough. I thought I ruined a SMH5-FM by riding 4 or 5 hours in heavy rain. It frazzled and made death noises. A few days after buying a replacement I shook a thimble full of water out of the ruined one then put it in the oven at 170 degrees for a while. It took a charge and began working normally again. Now I have two.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I'd try it, can't lose by trying. These things are tough. I thought I ruined a SMH5-FM by riding 4 or 5 hours in heavy rain. It frazzled and made death noises. A few days after buying a replacement I shook a thimble full of water out of the ruined one then put it in the oven at 170 degrees for a while. It took a charge and began working normally again. Now I have two.
I did that with a soaked Nuvi GPS one time... put it in a food dryer overnight. Still works great, but stays in the truck now.

Bike
ST1300 2012
I have a SMH10 that I use for phone and iPod connection. It might run fine for an hour or two, then every few seconds the music from the iPod will cut out and I get what sounds like morse code ... Then a few seconds of music... Then morse code ... then music .. Then... Drives me crazy(er). Everything just came off their chargers so they should have full juice...
any ideas?

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Morse code... it's aliens contacting you.

Prob the BT data stream break up or sometimes I pick that noise up near cell tower /radio towers, just plain interference over driving the circuit

As a PS... if you read the 'fine' print in the Sena manual, the units aren't water proof ! :)

Top Bottom