Bridgestone T30 EVO GTs, anybody tried them?

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Hey Skulldigger, do you have any experience with the T30 Evo GT's in the rain?
Of course he does, he is from Surrey...but so do I..I think they do well and havent felt unsafe or feel them slip. The tread pattern looks like it would channel the water away quite well. I had some water on the road where I was thinking that I could face hydroplaning, but nothing and felt good.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
My new-to-me '05 has BT-023 GT's now but they won't last another season. The PR4GTs are mighty pricey but all the bikes here seem to love them.
You didn't ask me but I have lots of experience with T30s and T30 Evos in the rainy season of Florida which is all year round. They are great in the wet.

Bike
2005 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
13350 Km (8,300 miles) on the rear, 21,100 Km (13,100 miles) on the front. Both are going to get changed very soon - the rear is done, a few more miles left in the front, but not worth it. Fresh pair going on at the same time for this winter layover tire change. I enjoyed them, but don't really ride aggressively.

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Just got this from Bridgestone today:

Hello Michael Heck,

You recently received an email for claim Mxxxxxxxxxxx stating you earned a reward amount of $100 with your eligible Bridgestone tire purchase in the 2017 Bridgestone Motorcycle Winter promotion.

Hi Mike
I'm looking of switching from my MRP4 to something else. If your running the T30 evo GT are you happy with them. 160 on the rear or 180's. I think Ron running them and he seems to be happy with em.

Based on promotion terms and conditions, your eligible purchase qualifies for $50 instead of the previous reward amount listed. You will receive your Bridgestone Visa Prepaid Card for $50 within 6-8 weeks of receipt of this email.

Thank you for purchasing your Bridgestone tires.

If you have any questions, please contact Bridgestone Rewards Headquarters at (800) 926-3716, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm CST.
Hi Mike
I'm looking of switching from my MRP4 to something else. If your running the T30 evo GT are you happy with them. 160 on the rear or 180's. I think Ron running them and he seems to be happy with em.

Bike
2007 ST1300A
My new-to-me '05 has BT-023 GT's now but they won't last another season. The PR4GTs are mighty pricey but all the bikes here seem to love them.
Hi David,
Living in sunny Surrey, and 3000 kms later, has not allowed me an opportunity to really test wet weather grip on T30 evos yet. Others have given them a stellar rating , though.
Cheers

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I have two St1300's. One has new set of Michelin PR4s on it and the other a new set of T30 GTs. Both are great. I feel safe on either. The GTs are better on canyon roads with a lot of twisting turns. You just feel the grip on the road. The PR4s feel good on any surface. Both great in the rain. I would buy which ever was cheaper. If they were priced the same, I would go with the GTs....

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Yes I am Happy with them. I have noticed that the Evo version does require a bit of a warm up to obtain its maximum potential. I'm curious if anybody else has noticed this also?

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I just ordered a rear to try. I paid $128.91 from American Motorcycle Tire. They have very fast free delivery. And seem to always have the best price. The price for the front was $110.25.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
I just installed these tires today. The tires have been in the garage inside their shipping wrapping all this time as the factory installed Metzeler Z8's lasted longer than I expected on this RT (made 8311 miles with 1mm still on the wear bars).

Two observations on these new T30 Evo GTs:
1) Jake Wilson sent me 2-year-old tires when I bought them March 2017. So perhaps Bridgestone offers rebates when they've too much inventory that is aging.
2) These tires are very stiff, and it was a very, very difficult install by myself. I recall how difficult Bridgestone BT023's were to install, but I think these T30 GTs were worse!

Now to see how long these T30's last... :04biker:

Last edited:
I just ordered a rear to try. I paid $128.91 from American Motorcycle Tire. They have very fast free delivery. And seem to always have the best price. The price for the front was $110.25.
These days, 90%+ of shops who sell tires drop ship from a powersports distributor closest to destination. For example, i recently ordered Pirelli front and rear and each shipped (for free) from a different distributor in Texas - both were at my doorstep the next day. It's obviously cost effective for everyone involved. Same goes for other part types.

Bike
VStrom 650
BakerBoy.
I don't fit my own tyres, I'm fortunate and have a real good guy about 70 miles away who does it for me but he doesn't half sigh and moan when he's fitting these. He doesn't charge me any more though. Although mine are obviously the non GT variety for the 11.
Upt'North.

Deleted member 43959

Installed a new set of T30 GT a month ago, drove around 1000 km on them and so far, great overall tires for the price.

Bike
'05 ST1300 "STinger"
I have about 3000 miles on the rear, so far so good. Just ordered a T31 GT for the front and will wrestle that one on this Sunday afternoon.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yes, I have just ordered a pair of T31EVO GTs to replace my existing T30 Evo GTs.

Before reading the next bit, you need to know that I normally get a tad over 5,000 miles from BT020 F rated tyres, front and back. We ride two up, often fully loaded and we live in the Yorkshire Dales - roughly surfaced roads, narrow country lanes, lots of accelerating and decelerating - not particularly aggressively. But compared to many others on this forum, I get through tyres quite quickly. 5,000 miles has been a constant on both of my ST1300s whenever I have had BT020s fitted - which is most of the time.

So - my current T30 GT Evos have about 1mm left to the wear bar, and I reckon that this will go down to the wear bars in the next 100 miles, if that. The last bit of tread disappears surprisingly quickly. So that will 4,500 miles, which actually compares well to the BT020 given the benefits.

The fronts are pretty good, and the last time I had the T30s on, they lasted much longer - 6,100 before I changed them - but I had to change early as I needed fresh tread for a long tour.

I like them, apart from my low mileage, but they provide a good, confidence inspiring feel and the pattern of wear is nice. The BT020s tend to wear down in the centre first, with plenty of tread left on the outside. This resulted in a marked squaring off 'edge' which was noticeable when starting to lean in to a bend. Nothing dramatic, it was just a feel that was there.

The rear BT023s tended to wear on the sides first - these would be scuffed up badly and started to feel odd in the corners and would begin to wallow through the bends, a bit like riding on an underinflated tyre. The fronts lasted longer and were fine.

The rear T30GT Evos have worn down in the centre first, with a minimum of squaring off - although the tyre has worn a slightly different profile, it is still a smooth rounded transition between the centre and the sides, which is nice.

I normally change both tyres at the same time, but at this stage I wouldn't normally bother changing my front tyre. However, We're off for a 3 week trip to Scotland before long, and I suspect that they won't last 2 - 3000 miles. I may be wrong, but I'm not going to risk it. I did that once before, ran out of tread and it cost me more to get the bike back home than it would have for a new set of tyres. Never again !

Oh - one other bit of info When new - Rear T30GT Evos have 6mm of tread to the wear bar in the centre and 4.3mm to wear bar half way between the centre and the edge.
At 2,200 miles (about half life) I measured one set at 3mm centre and 2mm sides.

Bike
1&2 2005 ST1300ABS's
STOC #
I'm surprised on the great mileage I'm seeing on the Rear T30GT EVO. 9000 miles on it and it looks like I can go another 4000 miles.
Thought they wouldn't see the mileage that I saw on the BT023 GT's.
Just purchased the new T31GT EVO's and the are sitting patiently in the garage ready to be used up.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Interesting. I swapped out my T30 EVO GT rear last weekend with only 12000 km on it, in preparation for our trip to NEW-STOC next week. I think it might have another 1000 km left on it , so say 13k km, or 8000 mi. I'm thinking there's not as much of a saving over using a Michelin as I'd hoped. I'm hoping the T31 GT I just mounted gives better mileage.

I'm surprised on the great mileage I'm seeing on the Rear T30GT EVO. 9000 miles on it and it looks like I can go another 4000 miles.
Thought they wouldn't see the mileage that I saw on the BT023 GT's.
Just purchased the new T31GT EVO's and the are sitting patiently in the garage ready to be used up.

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Interesting. I swapped out my T30 EVO GT rear last weekend with only 12000 km on it, in preparation for our trip to NEW-STOC next week. I think it might have another 1000 km left on it , so say 13k km, or 8000 mi. I'm thinking there's not as much of a saving over using a Michelin as I'd hoped. I'm hoping the T31 GT I just mounted gives better mileage.
That's great Barry, just in time for the burnout contest in Todd's hangar on Saturday night!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300
I got 10000 miles out of my rear t30 evo. Ive read good and bad reports about them. I don't carry passengers, very little luggage, don't drive hard most of the time. I weigh in about 250lbs on most days, keep the tire pressure at 42 to 44 faithfully, so maybe those are the contributing factors of long life.

Does not play well with others.
Requires incentives to complete daily classroom assignments.
Inattentive in class.
Seems to have a problem with loosing.
This student has hit rock bottom and started to dig.

Top Bottom