sitting on the shoulder SOL

STOC #
I somehow managed to send a nail through the oil pan on my harley, front tire picked it up and then it wedged between the pan and the ground. Took it to a local welding shop that could weld aluminum (heliarc it). Better fix then JB Weld.

OP
OP
beeker
Bike
04 ST
STOC #
See post 39. IMO beyond repair. I have no luck finding one at a wrecker/breaker. Looks like new is the only remaining option.
Den

I somehow managed to send a nail through the oil pan on my harley, front tire picked it up and then it wedged between the pan and the ground. Took it to a local welding shop that could weld aluminum (heliarc it). Better fix then JB Weld.

OP
OP
beeker
Bike
04 ST
STOC #
Well, it's now July 9 and I would like to thank all those who helped me out. I just got back from a 2 hour cruise on the ST. She's wearing something used, something new, something borrowed and something blue!

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I've changed many tires over the years and I think the one with the stiffest carcass is the Battlax. That stiffness may have contributed to you not going down, a softer tire might have aired down immediately. Glad everyone is fine.
I rode my ST 50-miles with a totally flat rear tire, it was the OEM Dunlop and it had stiff enough sidewall to make it a piece of cake. I got up to about 50 mph and it felt pretty normal. As I got close to the end of the 50 miles it was getting a little squirrely.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
Glad you're up and running again. Before I got to the end and saw it was fixed, I looked and found an oil pan on e-bay.

Top Bottom