Broke down again.... hurray!

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
Just got the bike towed back to the house. just got the bike back on friday from the stealer.... took the bike to work to check on something and on the way home the abs started to flash and my 3/4 of a tank jumped down to 50 mile range before i could get to the side of the highway the oil light started to flash as well. no FE light after turning the engine off. charging the battery and will try to start it in the morning.

Maybe time to consider a new primary bike.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Dealer probably left something loose, wire connection, or maybe you have a bad ground connection.

OP
OP
Onicabbit

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
does the alternator run strait to the battery or does it go tough a fuse? the battery is not charging. One other thing i see is the headlight adjustment knob is not working... I see power from the 20P connector but nothing from the 3 pin connector.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
What work was the dealer doing ?? Reason I ask is,,, a couple of weeks ago I was installing Heli-3 bar risers,,, and inadvertently pinched the aftermarket switch cable that controls my driving lamps. This caused some very weird engine reactions that went away when I switched my lamps off,,, and bogged the bike right down when they were on. Perhaps you have developed a short somewhere,,, Cat'

OP
OP
Onicabbit

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
they were fixing the eletrical short that happend late last year took it in finally after getting some time to get it towed to the dealership. took it to Tri Valley Powersports out in Moropark

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
See what happens when you move far away from ocd enterprises.....
vinny is correct to start looking for the ground wires. Search the forum for all the threads on the subject. Check wire harness near rear of fuel tank on left side. Was your year included in ground recall?
Check all fuses too.
Could also be battery toasted.
Your switch not working sounds like something is pinched, came loose, or was chewed on.
Let us know what you find.

OP
OP
Onicabbit

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
both recalls punch marks are showing to the left of the J and below the J. new battery installed.

Bike
2007 Honda ST1300A
Check all the fuses, and the wire harness behind and under the tank. Its all grouped together in several ends going to a single bolt. Maybe the shop left something loose, or broke a connector etc.
Where have you been parking your bike? Is it possible that some rodents set up camp under the airbox assembly and started chewing the wires? I sure hope not!
Maybe your bike just misses the HUGE lug nut that we removed....I still have it....I can mail it to you and you can stuff it back in there to see if that helps.
I sure wish you were closer so I could try and assist you. I miss your visits.
Larry

OP
OP
Onicabbit

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
Alternator dead, Headlight adjuster motor dead.got both replaced so far everything been working for a few days.

Top Bottom