Update on Capt Gruuvy .... and stuff

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
Well cats it's been awhile since I've been around and in the time I have been here and there and over there and over that way some I have been able to figure a few things out and make some life changes at the same time.

Some of you know that my career path was in the water industry for a while managing operations for a water meter company with factories in Ningbo China, Mexicali Mexico and Banning, Ca. I lived 97 miles "from" the office so my ST became a company vehicle and they paid for it, maintained it and gave it a budget so farkles I did not lack.

I started to struggle, as did the business, and I ended up changing careers to become a truck driver for Schneider on their Walmart team. That was fun in a way.

However I started to really struggle health-wise and then BAM ... I went down for the count.

After much nonsense and treatments from various witch doctors we now believe that I had a "silent stroke" from which I will not fully recover. Within the last couple years my brain has shown signs of trauma (boxer's brain) due to a violent alcoholic father.

Since all this and some of that and dealing with depression resulting from all this sort of rot I decided to get back up and get back at it again. No one will provoke you until you provoke you.

So now, I'm in college. I'm a few units from my A.S. in Agriculture. I decided to learn something very off-topic for me and this has been a great plan.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20160512/turning-desert-into-oasis-of-healthy-eating

I'm shopping for a new/used bike. Something small (250 - 400) that I can bop around on to and from school and maybe to Target. Nothing amazing, no freeway, no Hwy 18. Just a scoot to scoot about.

Here's the thing cats ... some days it's all kittens and ice cream. Other days it's hospital food and walking the halls with your IV.

So what?

Shut your trap, get your shoes on, and get back out there.

It just might save your life.

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
Great to hear your doing well and life is good for you. Good luck with the bike search.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Great to read your post Captain.

Life can be a series of storms. Most storms don't sink the boat but it's sure scary for a while.

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Here's the thing cats ... some days it's all kittens and ice cream. Other days it's hospital food and walking the halls with your IV.

So what?

Shut your trap, get your shoes on, and get back out there.

It just might save your life.
I've got an old friend that needs to read this and take it to heart. He's lost his zest for life.
Glad you're still vertical Gruuvy :D
Mike

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Mark that is some of the best news I have heard in a long time. Good for you not just laying down and saying the heck with it all. Glad to hear that you found the root of the problem and you are now finding a way to make life the best you can. Best of luck in the future. We sure do miss you around here!!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I often say there at least 100 people in hospitals and 100 people in prison that would gladly swap places with me on my worst day! At least you have a clue as to what has happened and that hopefully makes it a little easier to deal with. It's always the 'unknowns' that hurt and trouble us. Glad you are up and about and have determined to move forward. When people ask me how it is going, I just tell them 'I detect motion!' :D Hope to meet up with one day, my friend!

v8-7

Site Supporter
Way to meet your problems head-on rather than shriveling up.. Hope I can do the same when my time comes ..

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
It's so good to see you posting again and find positives in your life....I've never met you but have admired your posts about your adventures and ups and downs in life...inspirational and sometimes downright humorous...good fortune on finding a bike, a motard or dirtbike (you can put street oriented tires on them) would be a hoot....and keep enjoying and living your life to the fullest.....ff

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
About time you show up, Gruuv!!! We were fixing to put out an APB on you. Even better that you found the problem and a solution. Laying around watching tv will kill you even as a young healthy man. Hydroponics is a viable option, given where we live and with the current water shortage. It was in the news a few years ago as the mj growers were using it.

Good to see you up and about. Place ain't quite the same without you and Solo. He came rolling in one night down at Salton. That was a welcome surprise.

OP
OP
Capt_Gruuvy

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
Place ain't quite the same without you and Solo. He came rolling in one night down at Salton. That was a welcome surprise.
This is great news! I have been quite concerned about Solo and I'm so happy to hear that he is out and about ... wherever that may be.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Hang in there Mark.. every day is a new day, glad to see you're fighting.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
It is really good to hear from you again! Happy to hear you have got things sorted out and have a plan! I also have missed your posts... you were one of the few on a short list that kept me coming back to this forum when I first joined. Hang in there brother, and hopefully one day I will meet you!

Stump

Site Supporter
Bike
VFR1200X
STOC #
Great to see you alive and kicking Mark! Sorry to read of your travails but certainly glad you came by to say "Hello, I'm still alive!"

Ride on!

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Wow, great to see you here, Gruuvy, and great to read your post! Well said!
Good thoughts and virtual hugs to you and the very best of luck with your studies.
Keep on keepin' on and don't be a stranger!

Patty

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
This is great news! I have been quite concerned about Solo and I'm so happy to hear that he is out and about ... wherever that may be.

Yeah, he gave up the cycle biz and got a real job. I believe he is going to school also. Still lived with his mom at the time. Are you still doing the Route 66 museum from time to time? Got to get out there one of these days....

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Mark, I've wondered about you many times over the years... sure glad to hear you're fighting through all this stuff!

The go-get-em attitude is something we each need to bring out when times are 'tough' (and many of my times aren't really tough). Thanks for giving us something to reconsider.

:)

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Mark! How great it is to hear from you! Glad to see you have a handle on things!

Great to hear about your "AS", keep us posted!

Top Bottom