Update on Capt Gruuvy .... and stuff

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Great to see you posting, Gruuvy! Some times ya gotta kick-start your life to head another direction. Fight the good fight and take care!

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Excellent to hear from you Mr Capt Gruuvy!

I thought of you as I drove the 18 from Adelanto to Joshua Tree on Monday.

Hope you do really well in school.
And I hope you spend as little time as possible wandering the halls with an IV in your arm. (I'm one of the ones sticking those needles in people now.)

Good luck on the bike hunt!
Best Regards,
Mark

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Hey Capt... How's your son doing in college? He should be about done now right? I think he was a freshman back when I took him to the airport once upon a time...

Bike
'08 ST1300ABS
STOC #
It's been a bit since your first post, Mark.

I have a 2006 Honda Reflex 250 scooter in good condition for sale. Will be needing a couple tires before long. 6500 miles, I bought it with 300 miles on it, so basically the only owner/rider. Don't ride it much since I got the ST, and wife is bugging me to sell it. I'm a long haul from So.Cal. but thought I'd mention it.

Glad to hear you are on a good track with your life. I've been battling some mainly annoying health issues for several years. It sucks, but I'm still among the living.

Best wishes,

Randy

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Mark,

Thanks for your update. Your positive spirit and perseverance are inspirational. Kick butt and take numbers.

John

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
Hey Ed, did you ever get your '04 ST1300 running okay? Last I heard you were having some sort of issue with it.

Seeing Gruuvy and Ed on the same thread reminded me of Jan 1 2010 @ mark's place.

RockInn-Gruuvy-2010
Waiting for the dealership to look at it to see if they forgot something or if the alternator is dead. As well to see where the power is broken to the headlight adjuster.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Waiting for the dealership to look at it to see if they forgot something or if the alternator is dead. As well to see where the power is broken to the headlight adjuster.
Dang Ed, sounds like a lot of $$$$ for the dealership! :(

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Who are you and why are you on this board?

Actually, you're post hit me first thing in the morning on what was to be a miserable day ahead. Now, I realize, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Thanks for setting me straight, and I'm glad to see you taking on life in the best way possible.

OP
OP
Capt_Gruuvy

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
Hey Capt... How's your son doing in college? He should be about done now right? I think he was a freshman back when I took him to the airport once upon a time...
He has finished. Completed his Music major. He is doing well. He's a Production Manager or something like that at that extremely large church there in Granite Hills. He and his girl are getting married in February next and Mrs Gruuvy is about out of her mind with that happiness.

Our daughter has a song out on Spotify now, she is officially a recording artist, and she is getting married next Spring which as you could imagine has Mrs Gruuvy all out of her skin with glee. Good thing Mrs Gruuvy is now retired.

I'm currently in a holding pattern on the bike purchase ... although I would ride one from Idaho as I need an excuse to see a friend in Eagle. I have an upcoming appointment with a neuropsychiatrist type Doctor in a couple weeks and this may help define some unknowns I'm dealing with right now.

I've been out of circulation due to Finals and an abrupt move into this travel trailer while our house is being repaired (no one has worked on it in over a week). I have no idea what Contractors actually do between writing a quote and telling you it'll be "two more weeks" ....

Thank you for all your support. I appreciate you cats here a bunch and if you are ever lost out this way just send up the Gruuvy Cat signal and I'll find ya ...

Top Bottom