Helmets Sedici Sistemia modular helmet

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Bought this helmet yesterday at the Cycle Gear store in Roswell, GA. The fit and finish of the helmet was very good, the visor operation was pretty stiff and required greater than usual pressure to adjust or open it. The chin bar required a very firm push to actually lock it in place. The helmet was quieter than my Nolan n103 and feels lighter. The head liner was easy to remove for the head set installation, but I had to be creative with the boom mike. (actually had to drill 4 small holes in the inner plastic liner of the cheek area to route 2 tie wraps to secure the mike boom). After taking the helmet for a test ride, the third time I raised the chin bar and visor, the right hand visor screw had fallen off (somewhere). I was parked when I raised the chin bar, so it did not fall off there, because I looked.
When I called Cycle gear customer service to politely ask for a one time replacement they refused and said we will sell you the screw set (L&R) for $18 + Shipping and handling! I may not be the smartest guy, but if these screws... actually they are twist lock fasteners with a small detent...they do not screw it. It doesn't take much force to unlock them... so a small tap on the side of the helmet could dislodge them.
At 18 dollars a pop for something that can fall off pretty easy is a deal breaker for me. Unfortunately I am stuck with this helmet now as I have already installed the head set.
My advice is to put your money else where... simply because of this one issue.:(

Bike
2006 ST1300
Vinny....a priceless piece of info. I have gotten a few things from there ( actually the one on Cobb Parkway), and have been satisfied, but I'll steer away from that particular piece of kit.

I have been considering a modular, at least once, to see if I'd like it, so this info is right on time. I am planning on going down to the BMW place to try on a Schuberth in the near future. Although I don't ride as far as some others, I DO ride almost every day, and need something comfy.

Thanks, Vinny!

Last edited:
OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
An update on this situation... I contacted the Cycle Gear Store in Roswell to see if they had the face shield screws in stock. The young lady (Roxanne) I think was her name, asked me which one I was missing. I said the right hand side... moments later she said she had one left and would replace it under warranty! I was very please to hear that! She asked if I was coming down today and I said I was.
When I arrived at the store, the young man at the counter said he had the screw there and installed it for me. I asked again if they had a spare set in stock, if so I would like to buy it because I was going on a long trip and didn't need the hassle if I lose another.
He checked and said no, but they could order them. A few seconds later, he said, we have some plastic ones that lock in place.... let me get some of those for you! He brought out a package with a left and right plastic equivalent of the pricey metal ones, only the plastic ones had a slide lock to keep them from accidentally twisting while on the helmet.... AND they were only $2.99 for the pair! I said I would buy them and he said don't worry about it, it's on us! Now that is Customer Service!

I think the corporate or national sales office could learn a thing or two from the folks at this store!
I admit I was only in their store one other time before buying the helmet two days ago and was ready to dismiss the store altogether... this experience has changed my mind about the store. As for the helmet, well now that we know there is a better fastener and much cheaper and more apt to stay in place, then I say.... give it a try!

Thanks to Cycle Gear in Roswell, GA for being a customer friendly store!

OP
OP
vinny
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Helmet update.... Now that I have worn this helmet on my recent 7,800 mile trip to California and points in between, I feel that I have sufficient time with this head gear to give an honest opinion. When I purchased the helmet, it was a little snug. So, now that I have worn it for three weeks straight, it is now broken in and fits nice. One exception for the "Fit". I wear glasses, as probably the majority of us may. The brow of this helmet is so low (or maybe I just have a small head) that the brow of the helmet wants to rest on the frame of my glasses. It gets annoying lifting and or tilting the helmet back to relieve the pressure on the nose bridge and pads of my glasses.
The second and most irritating thing with this helmet is the shield. The detents for raising, lowering, and locking the shield in place are ok except for the first position with the shield locked against the chin bar. Getting the shield raised from this position takes an extreme amount of force... honestly, you can lose your religion messing with this shield. The other positions are fine, but this first position will drive you mad! I plan on taking a dremel tool to the cam detents and lighten them slightly when I get a chance and then possibly add some sort of lubricant to the hinge/cam mechanism.

If you are looking at this helmet as a possible purchase, I would look else where... unless you want perpetual road rage.

Top Bottom