Purchase decision... 2009 ST1300PA

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Gotta LOVE tech!
Seriously. Gone are the days of hacking up a good set of headphones and trying to get them inside a helmet along with my fat head.
I bought three Sena 10r's (the new Bluetooth 4.1 versions) for myself, my son, and my daughter and they're great so far. It fit perfectly in my Nolan 104 Modular.

Another pic of the PC800:
PC800 on Lift small.jpg

And you might get a kick out of this:

Behind the smart small.jpg

It's my daily ride:

Safe small.jpg

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Seriously. Gone are the days of hacking up a good set of headphones and trying to get them inside a helmet along with my fat head.
That still beat my standing in the middle of a huge empty parking lot loudly calling out instructions to a former girlfriend while she rode her 125 Elite in circles around me.

JMartin said:
Another pic of the PC800:
Geeze the PC is great looking! I always thought it was a vastly underrated bike. Nice shop btw. What a great way to work on bikes.

And you might get a kick out of this:
That is funny. Those vehicles could almost switch positions!

Congrats on a great acquisition.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
That is funny. Those vehicles could almost switch positions!

Congrats on a great acquisition.
Thanx again.

I did tow the PC800 to the DMV to get the VIN inspection (because I bought it out of state), but it really is a bit too much for the smart car to handle. I've got 125K miles on the smart (2008) and I need it every day, so I don't really want to put that much stress on it. I've got an older F350 that will do the job with much less effort.

The shop is coming along. It was storing my Sisters belongings for a few years while she stayed with us, but now that she has a place of her own, the kids and I have been getting the shop back in order.
My god, I found tools everywhere. I'm half tempted to rent/loan it out or trade for some future engine work on my own bikes (Farkles are about my limit - engine work intimidates me).

It's that tall door on the Left (and the truck further Left):

Smart small.jpg

Oh, I guess I should mention, I also put a new Clearview (+5 over stock) windscreen on the PC800. On reflection (pun intended), a +3 might have been a better choice... but it sure blocks the wind.

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm half tempted to rent/loan it out or trade for some future engine work on my own bikes (Farkles are about my limit - engine work intimidates me).
Well maybe not rent/loan (potential headaches) it does look like you could squeeze in a bike or two onto that pavement to host a Tech Event. Not volunteering you. Just sayin'.

carpdm

Site Supporter
STOC #
You'll enjoy the PC. I have a 1997 that I purchased new. Decided to keep and sell my 2009 ST. If you're ever in central USA, look me up.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Well maybe not rent/loan (potential headaches) it does look like you could squeeze in a bike or two onto that pavement to host a Tech Event. Not volunteering you. Just sayin'.
Wait, wait... I'm new here... tell me about (or point me to) this "Tech Event" you speak of.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm not really qualified to speak on this (but that seldom stops) me.

Basically someone provides a location where some experienced riders show up along with those in need to share experience guidance and some wrenching to those less fortunate. I don't think any major work is normally done.

A time and date are suggested and interest is measured and with any luck a time and date set with some RSVPs. Usually this is done by people who don't care that their neighbors hold them in low esteem (based on the riffraff that show up to lower property values).

I'm unclear of any details such as supplying/bringing refreshments or as the kids say "whatnot". Again that's a myopic Cliff Notes version. There are those who know better about these things.

Addendum: Tech Events aren't all that frequent because of the vagaries of scheduling. I've never been to one being fortunate enough to be within riding distance of an excellent wrench and that I don't recall any close enough to me. Just keep an eye on the forum. Or maybe try a Search here and see if it provides some background.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
Cool... sounds like fun. I'll be there.:)
When am I having it?... wait... I better think this through.

Still... sounds like fun.

OP
OP
JMartin
STOC #
The other Farkles that I added include:

Magnetic Drink Holder (Imagine the surprise when I made one, only to find out the "tank" was plastic... so I removed the cover and put the other 2-1/2" magnet underneath. Almost takes a bit of strength to lift the can and drink it.
I also put a 5x5 inch clear 3M film down over that area so it won't get scratched up, and some black felt under the can magnet:

Mag Mount Holder.jpg

Here is the 3-Way Switch (and waterproof cover) for the Auxiliary Lights. Center is Off, Up is with High Beams only, and down is constant on (like the factory headlight):

3 Way Switch.jpg

While I was wiring things up, I added a 12V outlet in the left side pocket. I have an adapter for my Battery Tender that plugs directly in there too.

12V Outlet.jpg

Lastly, I installed a RAM ball mount that holds my Phone down low and centered between the bars (Horizontal or Vertical if desired).
It also has a hardwired USB outlet built in. I wanted one that held my Phone by the corners, because it has so many buttons on the side, like PTT.
(Couldn't actually take a picture of it with the phone in it... since the phone takes the pictures):

Phone Mount.jpg

Oh yeah... there's the Garmin Camera Mount behind the windscreen too:

Garmin Mount 2.jpg

I think I'm pretty farkled out for a while. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom