Side stand light not coming on

Bike
2005 ST1300
Since riding the ST again in the spring I noticed that when the side stand is down the light doesn't come on in the dashboard. It still stalls if put into gear so the safety part of it is still working. Could be just the light in the dash that is burned out, haven't dug that deep yet. I'm aware of the problem so it's not hard to remember to put it up.
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
There's a side stand light on the ST1100. As Mark said, I guess the ST1300 doesn't have one.

Bike
2010 ST1300
The early warning puddle detection light wasn't available on all years and was problematic on bikes when it was offered so Honda discontinued.:D:D

OP
OP
Carter
Bike
2005 ST1300
Guess I was used to it on my other bikes and assumed it was out, thanks

st1300doug

HEY.....where is MY sidestand Light? Did I get ripped off on my '06? Mmmm........

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
My '86 Cavalcade had an icon on the instrument panel display that showed when the sidestand was down, but nothing to kill the motor if you didn't notice and shifted into 1st to get underway. I have to admit that caught me offguard a time or two, but fortunately it never resulted in a drop, even though I came close ,,,

Last edited:
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I assume that you don't have an owner's manual. You can download one at no charge from the Honda website if I'm not mistaken. I did that several years ago just for convenience, as I already had two hard copies of the manual. Sorry, but I don't remember now where I got it.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Another excuse to install an LED! I like it. Maybe a flashing yellow LED with the stand down and ignition on. I guess it could be done so that it flashes with the stand down and engine running but that might be a little more work than I'd care to do.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Another excuse to install an LED! I like it. Maybe a flashing yellow LED with the stand down and ignition on. I guess it could be done so that it flashes with the stand down and engine running but that might be a little more work than I'd care to do.
Don't know that it would be very difficult to do. Hopefully, if the ignition is on the engine will be running. If not, the bike won't be going anywhere after a few minutes with the ignition (and headlights) on.

wjbertrand

Ventura Highway
Yeah, too bad they eliminated that. With the SS warning light on the ST1100, I was spared the embarrassment of stalling the engine in front of everyone. Now with the ST13 I've done it a few times. I imagine Honda saved a few pennies per bike eliminating the warning lamp.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
I always know when the sidestand is down because the engine stops when I put it in gear. :D If it didn't I can see a warning light would be useful.

Top Bottom