Recommendations for ST1300 with Oxford heated grips

ak85lp

(Paul)
Bike
2018 VStrom 1000XA
I have a set of Oxford Heated grips on my ST and there is not enough room to use my older Vista Cruise. I also tried fitting the lower end NEP which is a bit thinner with no luck. A search for the Universal VistaCruise says it will not fit my bike??

2012 ST13000 http://www.soundoffrec.com/fitcharts.aspx

I looked at the Omnicruise but I don't like the fact if you have to hit the front brake hard it will actually open the throttle more, not so good in a panic stop.
The Kaoko looks fairly good but some people have had some issues installing it. I don't want to go with the Cat O ring so I'm wondering what others have used.

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/kaoko-throttle-lock-cruise-control-honda-st1300-st1300-pan-european

Thanks

Bike
2010 ST1300
I have a Gocruise and a Kaoko. The go cruise cost 30 and the Kaoko 150. I also have a set of bark busters hand guard that don't allow me to use the go cruise when they are on the bike but the Kaoko is never inhibited.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
ak85lp said:
I looked at the Omnicruise but I don't like the fact if you have to hit the front brake hard it will actually open the throttle more, not so good in a panic stop.
That would only be true of you activated the front brake without touching the grip.

I have the Go Cruise which is identical in function to the Omni Cruise and what you claim is something that just won't happen in real world use especially in a panic stop.

OP
OP
ak85lp

ak85lp

(Paul)
Bike
2018 VStrom 1000XA
That would only be true of you activated the front brake without touching the grip.

I have the Go Cruise which is identical in function to the Omni Cruise and what you claim is something that just won't happen in real world use especially in a panic stop.
Good suggestion. I tried a Cramp Buster yesterday and it was pretty good. I would like to take my hand right off the bar though so the Go Cruise looks fine and if it doesn't result in a forward burst when braking fast, then I might look closer. In my first post I said that the Universal Vista Cruise is not supposed to fit. Does anyone have it installed on their ST1300?

Bike
2010 ST1300
Good suggestion. I tried a Cramp Buster yesterday and it was pretty good. I would like to take my hand right off the bar though so the Go Cruise looks fine and if it doesn't result in a forward burst when braking fast, then I might look closer. In my first post I said that the Universal Vista Cruise is not supposed to fit. Does anyone have it installed on their ST1300?

I also use use a cramp buster and really like it. One other downside to the go cruise is it takes up grip space. It will not cause throttle roll on when braking.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
so the Go Cruise looks fine and if it doesn't result in a forward burst when braking fast, then I might look closer.
Neither the Omni Cruise or either version of the Go Cruise will do that. There's a video at the Omni Cruise site that shows a close-up of how it functions. Because you have to engage it with your thumb (finger in the case of the Go Cruise) it has to have some slip on the grip. It will never grip the er- grip so tight that it won't slip when you brake hard or otherwise.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I'm using a Throttlemeister with my Oxford grips. No issues.
I have the Oxfords and Throttlemeister but I encountered a few minor problems when I added the grips. The Oxford grips model I got are shorter than the stock grips, so there was a gap. I ended up using a large O-ring to fill this gap and the T-meister now works fine. Once everything was sorted out, it is perfect for me - I set it so that the throttle will slowly close over maybe 10 or 20 seconds - I can take my right hand off the grip without the bike suddenly slowing but it will not continue forever at the last throttle setting. This is my choice - ymmv. Oh, I also use a cramp buster on both grips - it keeps my wrists straight and helps prevent carpal tunnel pains.

Top Bottom