Beware of the dreaded shoe strings!

I'm going to show my age here. A long time ago I tipped over stopped at a traffic signal because my bell bottom pants had slipped over the kick starter. A sudden gust of wind blew me to the right and down I went.

At least I was in style.

Rayjoe

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Stuff your "loops" into the top of your boot between the boot & your socks. Mine rest there all day, even worked when I was in the Airborne Infantry. You will be able to find a comfort zone for your "loops" & you will be safer riding as well as at work.
+1! I used to do that regularly when wearing a pair of hiking boots, but somehow got out of the habit. It would be a good idea to start doing it regularly again, but most of the time I just remember to be vigilant when wearing either hiking boots or my Red Wing mc boots. The loops are generally small enough not to be an issue, but still have to be large enough to keep the laces off the ground.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
I'm going to show my age here. A long time ago I tipped over stopped at a traffic signal because my bell bottom pants had slipped over the kick starter. A sudden gust of wind blew me to the right and down I went.
At least I was in style.
Rayjoe
Same reason I stopped wearing bell bottoms while riding. Kickstart lever trap as well on my CB77. Thought I was the only victim of uncoordinated fashion/lifestyle.

I find tying a tight knot and tucking the loops in the top of the boot goes a Long way to preventing problems.

Ask for for a pair of side zip boots for xmas!

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have 3 pairs of riding boots and thought of getting a pair for hotter weather. I bought pair of Shift Fuel with laces and like the idea that it came with a Velcro strip to sandwich the eyelets so they are not flopping in the wind.

Top Bottom