I'm a momma's boy

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
And proud of it!

June 1, 2016 changed my life forever. Mom was ill for much of last ear and continued to worsen through the beginning of this year. Diagnosed finally for a valve needing replaced, so march 22, with cow valve place, they completed the surgery and home she was, for just a week before another 2 months in the hospital with complications till finally being released to go home for recovery. Two weeks later mom was tired and went to sleep peacefully.

These were my thoughts early the morning of June 2, 2016.

"I guess I've been in denial for so many years, but yesterday i found out just what a mommy's boy i am. This may be the hardest thing in life I will need to cope with and my heart will heal in time, but will always be lonely for my mom.
She was the best mom my brothers, sisters and I were so lucky to have. She was so amazing how she was able to show and share her love with each one of her six children, 13 grandchildren and 5 greats. Mom always was sure to include everyone and never leave anyone out and always greeted us with a kiss, a hug and that beautiful voice of hers saying "I love you".
Mom's laugh was contagious, funny and truly sincere. She loved to laugh and laugh loud she did!
She left us all with so many great memories to remember her by, Our tears will soon turn to smiles and of course, laughter.
RIP Mom April 21, 1944 - June 1, 2016"

Love your moms, often and often.

Mom at Dennys.jpg

View attachment 174565

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
Sorry to read but glad she passed peacefully. May the God of grace comfort your hearts during this time of grief.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Dew......I had no idea. So sorry for your loss. Sounds like you had one of the best Mom's out there. Take care of yourself and those around you. My deepest condolences. Get in touch when you're ready.

ToddC

Bike
2012 ST1300
After caring for my Mother during her fight with cancer (never smoked a day in her life) we finally laid her to rest on March 8th. I feel your pain and wish you all the best during your healing.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. With such a loving heart, God has a special place reserved for her! Sounds like she taught you to love folks... follow her lead and make sure you are in the position to see her again when you make the crossing!

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
I extend to you my condolences, Verne. I can only imagine what it is like to lose mommy. Bless you and your family.

Brian

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sorry to hear about that Verne, I too am a momma's boy and proud of it. You honor her by becoming the best person you possibly can and continue to make her proud.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Nice write up Dew, thanks for posting. Your mom sounds much Iike mine... she's been a great mother to my brother and I and a great wife to our father.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Sorry to hear but clearly you have her in your heart. Celebrate the time you had together, and make her proud. Sounds as though she raised you well.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Aww, what a wonderful tribute to your mom. May she always be in your heart and bring a smile to your face. Peace and strength to you and your family.

Patty

OP
OP
MountainDew
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Thanks all! What a great community of people here on this site where one can share their many experiences and sorrows. Mom's are special!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom