Saddlebag guard installation ST1300

Bike
2010 Honda ST1300
STOC #
Put a small bottle jack under the driveshaft pumpkin to take the pressure off the back end of the bike, and NEVER take all the bolts out at the same time :rofl1:
You forgot to mention you need a stepson. One good jerk from him and the holes aligned. Now I'm status quo ante bellum. Igofar... I kicked myself sufficiently around last night by not reading in the instructions the part where it said only take out one at a time. :)

Bike
2010 Honda ST1300
STOC #
You forgot to mention you need a stepson. One good jerk from him and the holes aligned. Now I'm status quo ante bellum. Igofar... I kicked myself sufficiently around last night by not reading in the instructions the part where it said only take out one at a time. :)
FYI... So I gave it another shot, using ONE bolt at a time, and after I got the left guard on when I put the saddlebag back the bag didn't fit... :-( Oh well.

And for the future, the reason my bags didn't fit was because I have the Hondaline Scuff Pads on the front of the saddlebags and they touch the protector no matter how forward I move it.

Does it matter?

Last edited:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
What am I yanking on exactly (please don't insert inappropriate joke here!)? It looks like the frame moved forward... check out the picture:
Ok, sounds like you figured it out. Luggage rack on back end of bike was what I was referring to.

Kind of hard to put on saddlebag guards without taking out both bolts on one side simultaneously. So you improvise. ;)

Bike
2010 Honda ST1300
STOC #
I got both bolts back in, but they were stubborn to go all the way (insert inappropriate joke here) but a little WD40 to clean out the gunk in the holes and they went back in nicely. The left bar is supposed to be too close so this weekend, after my finger heals, I'll give the install another try.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I haven't seen your rear tip over guards, but the Bydawg ones that I got worked fine to take one bolt out, pin the guard loosely with that bolt back in the hole, and then remove and swing the guard in place and replace the second bolt. IIRC, the guard would not swing if I put one of the bolts in first - had to do the other one first. But Bydawg bars are different.

Top Bottom