Machine screws for clutch and brake fluid reserviors

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
Hi. Does anybody happen to know what size machine screws are in the covers? I have on that the head is stripped out and need to replace it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bike
2010 ST1300
If you don't want to go to a dealer, take one of the screws to a Home Depot or Lowe's and match it up in their machine screw section - metric. Or take it to a good hardware store if you can find one. I'd see if I could find a stainless steel one.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
If you don't want to go to a dealer, take one of the screws to a Home Depot or Lowe's and match it up in their machine screw section - metric. Or take it to a good hardware store if you can find one. I'd see if I could find a stainless steel one.
My local Ace Hardware stores (big ones, not so much smaller local shops) have a great selection of metric hardware. I buy stainless hardware from them and keep a supply of a dozen of each type I have ever needed to buy...yes, I have three 24 drawer plastic bins indexed and identified....OCD benefit.
For some recessed screws or oddball specialty hardware, I drop back to McMaster-Carr or similar industrial supplier. My local Honda dealers don't carry the same variety that Ace does so I use them as a last resort for hardware I can't find anywhere else. There are always the online sources (Bike Bandit, Partzilla, Ron Ayers, etc) if I can afford the wait.
If you want the bike to look stock as much as possible, buy Honda.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
just in case someone else is reading this thread later, I have both styles in stainless and will mail them to you for free.

I bought 10 or 12 of each from the hardware store when someone else was looking for them a year or two ago.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Pete in PA said:
+1 I say that proudly now that I have some JIS drivers. LOL!

Thanks everyone! I ordered these on Amazon. I like the idea of a hex head socket instead of the "phillips" head.
If I couldn't replace with JIS I'd go with hex/Allen screws. After using a JIS driver I'd prefer not to use Phillips screws or drivers.

Top Bottom