Butler Cup Clear Up

Bike
2008 ST1300A Red
Trying to stay cool..........help please!! I had a Butler Cup on my Goldwing and miss it dearly. I have seen some use them on their ST.......If you use the Butler cup on yours; Is it the same as the one on the Goldwing or a different model. If you could give the link to the very one, it would be much appreciated. Thanks Phil

OP
OP
Bama Phil
Bike
2008 ST1300A Red
Surely someone has a Butler Cup on their ST. I would appreciate some input.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Th Butler mount that fits the Goldwing 1800 fits the ST1300. (The distance between bolts on the clutch or brake master cylinder is the same.) I have one on my ST1300. The two sizes refers to the insulated cup that comes with the Butler. You can get a holder that is sized to fit an insulated 32 oz mug, or a 20 oz mug. I have the 20 oz mug. The "small" size also holds a 44 oz convenience store fountain drink cup.

OP
OP
Bama Phil
Bike
2008 ST1300A Red
Phil, I believe they are the same. That being said, I think they offer two different sizes. Try this link...

http://wingstuff.com/products/2084-beverage-butler-drink-holder?from_search=1
Th Butler mount that fits the Goldwing 1800 fits the ST1300. (The distance between bolts on the clutch or brake master cylinder is the same.) I have one on my ST1300. The two sizes refers to the insulated cup that comes with the Butler. You can get a holder that is sized to fit an insulated 32 oz mug, or a 20 oz mug. I have the 20 oz mug. The "small" size also holds a 44 oz convenience store fountain drink cup.
Thanks guys....I appreciate the info. Some have said that they will not fit. Glad to know you have one on your ST. Thanks again

Last edited:
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I carry my drink (Turkey Hill diet green tea) in an insulated bag I carry in the trunk. I fill a plastic bottle part-way with tea and freeze it overnight. Then I top it with more tea. It stays cold without becoming watered down.

)My point: If I had a drink available while riding, I'd have to stop more often anyway ( :rolleyes: ), so I wait until I stop to drink.

OP
OP
Bama Phil
Bike
2008 ST1300A Red
Now that you have had this for a while can you give an updated review?? Looking into this for the ST.

Thanks for any input.
I wouldn't do anything different.......except maybe gone with the largest size. Nonetheless, I still love the Butler Cup on my ST.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Now that you have had this for a while can you give an updated review?? Looking into this for the ST.

Thanks for any input.
I've had mine for way over 100,000 miles. Still works great, nothing really to wear out. I like the "small" (20oz mug) size because it fits the fountain drink cups from convenience stores. Nothing to wash. I slipped some clear plastic tubing over the "arms" so that it will hold an uninsulated 32oz cup (don't always want a 44oz drink.) It also holds the styrofoam ones, just a bit higher up.

Bike
2007 ST1300
I like the "small" (20oz mug) size because it fits the fountain drink cups
Any pics of this on your bike ?
Also I was told by a couple others to get the larger one -- I think 34oz.
Thanks for feedback- Im about to pull the trigger, the small and large are the same price any where you look on the internet

Bike
2007 ST1300
Quick question: these were mainly designed for the goldwing and my buddy has one on his 2010 wing, He told me on the ST there may not be room for the tank.
Are these adjustable so you can clear the fuel tank?

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Quick question: these were mainly designed for the goldwing and my buddy has one on his 2010 wing, He told me on the ST there may not be room for the tank.
Are these adjustable so you can clear the fuel tank?
It fits just fine. No interference with the fuel tank.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Sorry, no photos of the Butler on my bike. The only reason to get the large size if if you want to use the (included?) 32 oz insulated cup. It's not useable for anything else, and I like the convenience of not having to carry a huge cup with me.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Sorry, no photos of the Butler on my bike. The only reason to get the large size if if you want to use the (included?) 32 oz insulated cup. It's not useable for anything else, and I like the convenience of not having to carry a huge cup with me.
Thanks for your feedback- I am leaning towards this for summer trips.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Well I got the Butler cup today in the mail and I must say I am impressed with the design, fit and finish, and actual fitment to the ST is perfect. Handle bar lock to lock no problem or interference points with the tank. So far I am liking this cup.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Follow up after 1 riding season. I love this cup and I use it all the time - even when riding back and forth to work. I 100% recommend this cup - get the large size.
:wave1:

Top Bottom