Said goodbye to the ST and hello to a new RT

Bike
2007 ST 1300
Well, I broke down and finally gave in to the temptations yesterday. Traded my ST in on a new 2016 R 1200 RT and left the Honda family. I hated to do it, because I had hope that Honda would freshen up the ST, but at this point it seems highly unlikely.

I must say the RT is a great bike so far with better handling, acceleration and of course all of the electronic goodies the ST lacked. Still getting used to her of course, but I am glad I made the switch. I will miss the ST, she was a good bike and dependable as all get out. I plan on checking from time to time since this forum has been more than helpful and is full of great people.

Now back out to put some more miles on the new ride.... Take care all..

suedez

Suede
Bike
2006 St-1300
STOC #
What I don't understand is why Honda doesn't just take the VFR1200x and ST it. With better/electric wind protection, a bigger tank, nice hard bags and cruise control/heated grips, they could have a great modern sport touing bike without breaking the bank on R&D - am I wrong?

And congrats on your new RT - beautiful!!

Last edited:

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
What I don't understand is why Honda doesn't just take the VFR1200x and ST it. With better/electric wind protection, a bigger tank, nice hard bags and cruise control/heated grips, they could have a great modern sport touring bike without breaking the bank on R&D - am I wrong?
I think Uncle Phil gave it a shot back in the day.

Lots of possibilities! I don't recall if saddle bags were available or not (for the VFR1200). It seems the seating for 2 was a little tight. As you mentioned, the range wasn't that good for a touring bike.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Yep, I sure hope to follow you as soon as I can. My ST developed another issue during my ride to and from RockSTOC. It's almost 9 years old now and needs too much maintenance. I'll fix it up and see what the local BMW will give me for it and the wife's can am Spyder.

PS should have posted a PIC.

Top Bottom