Tip-over or Get-Off??

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
CruSTy: I have watched your video a couple of times and the thing I find most amazing is not that "get-over" (did my first one of those in sand about a month ago), nor the fact that you picked up the ST1300 yourself (well done my friend) - it is the very mild and quiet sound track. A quiet "Son-of-a...." is pretty restrained, under the circumstances.

When I went down, I must ashamedly admit that I said a few choice words about the parentage of the local road maintenance people as well as, of course, myself and my riding abilities - and There is some possibility that I might not have been too quiet about it.

All I can say is that it's a good thing Canada is such a big country with so small a population.

Pete

Bike
2010 ST1300
CruSTy: All I can say is that it's a good thing Canada is such a big country with so small a population.

Pete
Not sure why spirited language is a problem in this circumstance. Do people in Canada never utter an oath when under duress? Do your compatriots shun you or stone you if you slip? I've met women in the US who can swear with the best sailors and make a boilermaker blush. And how many people are within hearing distance of any of us when we drop our bikes?

Happy Rob

Rob
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
i had my first TWO "get offs" a couple of weeks ago.. Two on the same day. Simply making a very slow U turn and didn't have enough speed to make it. Tipped over. I felt so badly for letting my baby fall. I managed to get it up but ended up wrenching my back. Could barely get my leg over the bike and go again, but I did. Off I went to my boys rugby game. Hobbled to the field. Came back to my bike, which was parked on a gravel road. Managed to get my leg over it again, began to make the big turn on gravel when we went over again. This time it was lack of confidence and back pain. I could not get the bike back up. She just laid there till a high school kid came over laughing at me. He got it uprighted, and off I went.
Only minor scrapes to the engine guards and center stand. I feared the bags and front fairings would be scratched, but nodda, nil.... Whew. Testament to the engineers who designed it.
It is 3 degrees Celsius here in Newfoundland, Canada today, winter is coming fast. Riding days are ending quickly as we have already have had snow and a lot of salt has been put on the roads.

Attachments

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
SMSW;[URL="tel:1976668" said:
1976668[/URL]]Not sure why spirited language is a problem in this circumstance. Do people in Canada never utter an oath when under duress? Do your compatriots shun you or stone you if you slip? I've met women in the US who can swear with the best sailors and make a boilermaker blush. And how many people are within hearing distance of any of us when we drop our bikes?
Oh no - we can cuss and be nasty with the very best of them. Remember who invented hockey fights and took Vimy Ridge in WW-I - and we don't and didn't play nicely in either case respectively.

Its just that when when I went down, I was so annoyed with myself and with the nitwits who made the shoulder of a major road in a town out of 5" of soft sand that I cut loose a stream of invective that would have been disturbing had any little kids been nearby.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Oh no - we can cuss and be nasty with the very best of them. Remember who invented hockey fights and took Vimy Ridge in WW-I - and we don't and didn't play nicely in either case respectively.

Its just that when when I went down, I was so annoyed with myself and with the nitwits who made the shoulder of a major road in a town out of 5" of soft sand that I cut loose a stream of invective that would have been disturbing had any little kids been nearby.
Just as I thought. And, Pete, somebody has to teach the next generation to swear properly.

Peter

Top Bottom