Someone please lie to me.

OK I'll bite then.
The New ST1000 will be released in 2017 as an early 2018 model. It will be supercharged, feature VVT _AND_ a 180 degree crank.
It will shed about 80 pounds.
Lean-sensitive ABS/TCS, heated grips, seats, cruise control are standard. No friggin' power modes - it has a throttle afterall... :)
180 HP and enough torque to pull a freight train. 6 speed (5 + OD)
A little less agressive steering geometry than the 1300.
Mine in candy glory red pls... :) (Or pearl black with bronze accents...)
t.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
The replacement for Honda's ST1300 is more than 100 pounds lighter while retaining similar horsepower and torque, and feature goodies like electronically adjustable suspension, proper cruise control, panniers that can be left off without something looking "missing," superior airflow management, better rider ergos, central locking, quick shifter, and a liquid cooled horizontally opposed twin. It's available now at your BMW dealer.

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
...... and the newer improved 2018, or 2019, for sure by 2020 model will have cruise control :sbike1:...... but if I didn't have a Triumph Explorer I'd be seriously looking at one. :)
Well, Honda isn't about to bring the ST back anytime soon, Sport Touring just isn't big enough in the US!

2020 onwards. My prediction. New EU vehicle emission regulation will be implemented Januari 1st 2020. Very strict emission control eventually will bring forward the most advanced high performance models, including Sport Touring.

Kees

VFR1200X has been around since 2012. Current 2017 X-model complies to Euro 4 emissions regulation and also will be outdated by 2020 1st January when Euro 5 will be imposed. Many new models to be expected after 3 years.

Bike
2005 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
All in good fun. But it should be noted that our perspective is tinged by the fact that the ST segment of the NA market was "abandonned" by Honda much earlier than the rest of the world. STs were still being manufactured for the ROW, albeit without significant engineering changes /updates until last year, if I'm not mistaken. The Pan was first introduced and remained sufficiently popular in Europe (home of the Beemmers, BTW) to be still listed in their featured annual models. Somehow, I don't think the No 1 MC manufacturer in the world will simply roll over and yield a complete market segment to its competitors. What, where and when they decide to do anything about the ST segment remains the subject of amusing speculation. Meanwhile, I'm quite content to ride a not new but very comfortable, performant and reliable machine for many more miles (when spring comes around, of course). To each his own.

Bike
VStrom 650
All in good fun. But it should be noted that our perspective is tinged by the fact that the ST segment of the NA market was "abandonned" by Honda much earlier than the rest of the world. STs were still being manufactured for the ROW, albeit without significant engineering changes /updates until last year, if I'm not mistaken. The Pan was first introduced and remained sufficiently popular in Europe (home of the Beemmers, BTW) to be still listed in their featured annual models. Somehow, I don't think the No 1 MC manufacturer in the world will simply roll over and yield a complete market segment to its competitors. What, where and when they decide to do anything about the ST segment remains the subject of amusing speculation. Meanwhile, I'm quite content to ride a not new but very comfortable,
performant and reliable machine for many more miles (when spring comes around, of course). To each his own.
Yes they are still listed on Honda UK and Europe web sites and there are plenty of new ones in the showroom. I presume they are still making the 13 somewhere in planet Honda.
Upt'North.

Bike
2005 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I presume they are still making the 13 somewhere in planet Honda.
Upt'North.
For the past few years, the ST1300 had been produced at the Honda Kumamoto plant. It is no longer listed in the model line up, which leads me to believe that they are no longer manufactured. But that is a relatively recent occurrence, I think. Production may have been interrupted by the April 2016 earthquake and just deemed uneconomical to restart after that. The next 18 months should be telling in terms of what Honda is prepared to invest in the Sport Touring market(as opposed to the adventure offerings)

Bike
'08 ST1300
--we all lament Honda's two wheel effort lately; where did Honda go? they went to the largest two wheel market on the planet right now; India.
Do a search of Economic Times India; also search "HMSI", honda motorcycle and scooter india in wikipedia; 4 manufacturing plants; one plant cranks out 6600 vehicles per day. small bikes and scooters ; park them anywhere for free; less stringent emissions laws too I'll bet.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully :)
Bike
NT700VA
--we all lament Honda's two wheel effort lately; where did Honda go? they went to the largest two wheel market on the planet right now; India.
Do a search of Economic Times India; also search "HMSI", honda motorcycle and scooter india in wikipedia; 4 manufacturing plants; one plant cranks out 6600 vehicles per day. small bikes and scooters ; park them anywhere for free; less stringent emissions laws too I'll bet.
And the pollution in most parts of India is so thick you can cut it with a knife! They'll soon be requiring changes to all emissions.

STOC #
Can emissions be fixed with a different Muffler or is it more difficult than that?
I'd say a catalytic converter mated to a emissions friendly fuel management system. From what I've read, sport touring isn't as popular in the U.S. as in other parts of the world. My humble opinion is that the rest of the world has it right :)

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
"Honda today announced the All New 2017 ST-1331, featuring a 225 HP variable displacement Turbo Encabulator, with uni-lateral bi-phasal dingle arm articulation for smooth power delivery, dihedral multi-nodel integrated "Infitrac" suspension and quasi-harmonic ratio systemic "Velocitronic" transmission. New Dodeca davenport seating system, with heating, cooling, and shiatsu massage and Dunlop's "Perpetu-life" tyres. Featuring a dylithium crystal controlled matter-antimatter fuel system, "Tardus" storage panniers for unlimited gear storage and 450 lb wet weight, sport touring has a new flagship." Police model shown:

st1331.JPG
Citizen, pull over.

STOC #
The heart of any bike is it's engine. Honda's flat six has been hugely successful in the Wing and the F6B. The V-4 is quite special as well. VFR 800, ST's, have always had a loyal following.
I've been shopping a sport tourer for quite a while. Having a love affair with the engine in my Tuono is what made me take a good hard look at the ST. V4 is a great configuration!

Top Bottom