Someone please lie to me.

Bike
2010 ST1300
"Honda today announced the All New 2017 ST-1331, featuring a 225 HP variable displacement Turbo Encabulator, with uni-lateral bi-phasal dingle arm articulation for smooth power delivery, dihedral multi-nodel integrated "Infitrac" suspension and quasi-harmonic ratio systemic "Velocitronic" transmission. New Dodeca davenport seating system, with heating, cooling, and shiatsu massage and Dunlop's "Perpetu-life" tyres. Featuring a dylithium crystal controlled matter-antimatter fuel system, "Tardus" storage panniers for unlimited gear storage and 450 lb wet weight, sport touring has a new flagship." Police model shown:

st1331.JPG
If you go w the transporter option, you don't need panniers.

I do hope they have not forgotten us.
There is a difference between Honda forgetting us and ignoring us.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
My first bike was a Honda 50 in 1969 when I was 5 years old. I've had several since. All have been rock solid. Sad to say there is not one bike they make today that I would buy.
The RT is on the top of my list of Sport Touring bikes hands down for me! Followed by the FJR and Trophy! I want all the bells and whistles already on my bike from now on.
Now if Honda upgrades the ST or the Wing with everything I want, I'll be back! 9 years and 82,000 miles on my 07 with zero problems. And I'm not tired of it yet. It just shares the garage with a Suzuki DR650 and a Triumph Tiger 800XCX now. I love them all! What do you I want to do today? All three are good at what they do. None are the best at it. But they work for me.
Ride what you like. There are so many good choices of bikes today. Good thing I can only fit 3 in my garage. I could make Judy park her car outside right? :D

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Honda is planning on releasing a new ST1400 along side the new GL2100 in a couple of years... just don't hold your breath!
No doubt that release announcement, or perhaps the release itself, will take place on the first of April.

Bike
2006 ST1300,2000 VFR
In all seriousness, Motorcyclist posted a "secret" pic of a Honda in development. It strongly resembles the ST 13. They believe it will use a 1600 as a power upgrade. Apparently the whimp-t-x- 1300 isn't doing well. According to the press release, Honda is attempting to go head to head with the Big B...It's not exactly like our st's, but the heart of the machine screams of it. Hopefully it will perform and do better than the VFR1200 did. Did Honda learn its lesson...this machine will tell...

Bike
08 VFR800, 17 CB1100
The all-new for 2017 Honda ST1300 will look exactly the same as the 2006, 2010 and 2012. As a matter of fact it will look and be equipped exactly the same as every ST1300 ever produced. But the best part is that it will offered in an exclusive color ......... BLACK!

My first bike was a Honda 50 in 1969 when I was 5 years old. I've had several since. All have been rock solid. Sad to say there is not one bike they make today that I would buy.
The RT is on the top of my list of Sport Touring bikes hands down for me! Followed by the FJR and Trophy! I want all the bells and whistles already on my bike from now on.
Now if Honda upgrades the ST or the Wing with everything I want, I'll be back! 9 years and 82,000 miles on my 07 with zero problems. And I'm not tired of it yet. It just shares the garage with a Suzuki DR650 and a Triumph Tiger 800XCX now. I love them all! What do you I want to do today? All three are good at what they do. None are the best at it. But they work for me.
Ride what you like. There are so many good choices of bikes today. Good thing I can only fit 3 in my garage. I could make Judy park her car outside right? :D

Good post, and I agree with the part about the bikes Honda is putting out now. All the plastic and futuristic looks...I'm not sure if they think that will attract younger riders or what, but not very good looking bikes from Honda.

I will say that even though I don't love the looks of it, the F6B is one fine machine. That engine is spectacular and the bike is super smooth. That is one I wouldn't mind in the stable. I am on my 2nd ST, bought a well farkled 05 about a year ago. I love the bike, but at 6'4", I feel just a bit too "narrow" on the bike, like my legs and arms need to be more spread out. I've put a double riser system on it, and recently ordered the MCL 2nd generation foot lowering kit (not yet received). The MCL kit sounds like it may get me there comfort wise, as the pegs take your feet out wider, but I've read the threads and drawbacks to them, and it sounds like it may be too easy to scrape the pegs once installed. If they don't work out, the F6B may take the ST's place. I've also considered the RT, but have concerns I will have the same issue as the ST, and with my long legs, the RT pegs are a bit more tucked under than I like.

When you get ready to make a move, and you have not ridden the F6B yet, give it a try. You will be amazed how light it feels, it is very comfortable and plenty powerful.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
Sorry, I just have a few minutes to post.

I just took delivery of my new 2017 ST1600 and I'm on a cross country tour to break it in. V6, six speed, 185HP,, 600lbs wet. Heated grips and custom seat, integrated GPS tied to curvy only roads. Only available for next 3 or 4 years in Canada and Europe I'm told.

Seems like a nice bike so far, I'll let you know how it goes. I'd post a pic, but my camera is on the fritz.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I will say that even though I don't love the looks of it, the F6B is one fine machine. That engine is spectacular and the bike is super smooth. That is one I wouldn't mind in the stable.
When you get ready to make a move, and you have not ridden the F6B yet, give it a try. You will be amazed how light it feels, it is very comfortable and plenty powerful.
I took one for a test ride. I agree 100% with everything you said about it. I did not think that I would like it. Boy was I wrong!

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
"Honda today announced the All New 2017 ST-1331, featuring a 225 HP variable displacement Turbo Encabulator, with uni-lateral bi-phasal dingle arm articulation for smooth power delivery, dihedral multi-nodel integrated "Infitrac" suspension and quasi-harmonic ratio systemic "Velocitronic" transmission. New Dodeca davenport seating system, with heating, cooling, and shiatsu massage and Dunlop's "Perpetu-life" tyres. Featuring a dylithium crystal controlled matter-antimatter fuel system, "Tardus" storage panniers for unlimited gear storage and 450 lb wet weight, sport touring has a new flagship." Police model shown:
ROTFLOL - reminded me of a star trek TV episode, very funny!

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
So here they are again such a loyal following the target market is now 65+ for the ST style MC. Here is the new release for 2017.

New ST s.jpg

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
An article on the 2017 ST seems to have leaked through from the twilight zone,,, Cat'
I have no idea of the provenance of the article but either someone wrote that who's an ESL type or it's a product of Google Translate. Or the work of a loon.

I gave up trying to read that. Interesting that the author refers to it as an ST while the pic appears to be a rendering of a Pan. I have no idea what might be different other than the design. 100lbs lighter? 50HP more? Six-speed Traction Control Cruise Control 1500cc?

Believe it when there's an actual pic of it on a dealer's showroom floor. 'Til then it's just work of fiction.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Granted,,, the verbiage is a bit of a challenge. But the top photo is interesting. Perhaps it was a concept bike,,, or a VFR prototype ?? Looks like Pan-Euro badges on the side fairing. Cat'

Last edited:
Top Bottom