Someone please lie to me.

TPadden

Tom Padden
Honestly I do not need all that crap....
:plus1:

been saying that for years! :D
So, you both are not taking it to it's logical conclusion - Honestly you do not need a motorcycle! :potstir1:
I've been riding to about 10 ST-owners events a year for 10 years now and my unofficial survey says :bsflag: !
ST1300 owners may not need all that crap but those who choose to ride the ST1300 distances really like all that crap. They add as much of that crap to their bike as is available and they can afford. They constantly compare all their added crap. :rofl1:

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
So, you both are not taking it to it's logical conclusion - Honestly you do not need a motorcycle! :potstir1:
I've been riding to about 10 ST-owners events a year for 10 years now and my unofficial survey says :bsflag: !
ST1300 owners may not need all that crap but those who choose to ride the ST1300 distances really like all that crap. They add as much of that crap to their bike as is available and they can afford. They constantly compare all their added crap. :rofl1:
I add the crap, I don't need Honda to overcharge me to add that crap! The last sales price of the 2012 ST1300 was over $18K, you go adding everything everybody wants and you might as well buy a Goldwing, because that's how much it's going to cost you!

I have the two good bikes (the 2012 & 2010) I ride all the time. I have added what FARKLES (Two of everything!) on them as I have wanted/needed! Somethings I don't need, but to each his own! As for new technology on a bike, no, I'm fine with the ST1300 as it sits! So go use a superscooper and pick up your:bsflag: :rofl1:

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
I add the crap, I don't need Honda to overcharge me to add that crap! The last sales price of the 2012 ST1300 was over $18K, you go adding everything everybody wants and you might as well buy a Goldwing, because that's how much it's going to cost you! :rofl1:
That's what I did.... just went and bought a Goldwing :rofl1:

TPadden

Tom Padden
I have the two good bikes (the 2012 & 2010) I ride all the time......
I apologize then. We travel in different circles or my memory is faulty. Of the hundred or so SToc events I've ridden to I only remember seeing you twice; both times in California and one of those I'm not sure your bike left the trailer. It's probably my poor memory again if I also forget to pick up the flag. ;)

Don't misunderstand me, I've never said there is anything wrong with enjoying riding a Honda ST distances, it's a great bike. Bikes have evolved some in the last 10 years or so though and many sport-touring riders appreciate the new available technology.

Last edited:

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I apologize then. We travel in different circles or my memory is faulty. Of the hundred or so SToc events I've ridden to I only remember seeing you twice; both times in California and one of those I'm not sure your bike left the trailer. It's probably my poor memory again if I also forget to pick up the flag. ;)
Yep! You got me!

At all the CalSTOCs my bike was trailered to and from. That was so the wife would go to the event with me. She did ride, but only for the Saturday rides...usually. For CalSTOC 2012, having my trailer came in real handy since someone caused Robert (from Oxnard) to dump his bike and he had to leave it on Stagecoach road. Jeff and I drove my truck, with the trailer to go pick it up.

emergencypkup1.jpg

I have no problem trailering my bike to events if Chris is coming with me. I'll be doing that for WeSTOC this year, right after Dave and I ride up to Oregon the week prior!

CalSTOC 2010 Dave and I trailing so our wifes would be with us.
ST1300sTrailered.jpg

On our way to The Old Gold Country in Spring 2015
bikeloaded_rain-2015.jpg

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm fine with the ST1300 as it sits
I'm pretty much in the same camp. A farkle here a farkle there and the list is short compared to others'.

But of all the major changes many seem to want for the ST— traction control cruise control six speed transmission entertainment system what else — none would entice me to upgrade to a new ST. I wouldn't mind a six-speed or more displacement (that I absolutely don't need) but that still wouldn't get me to upgrade. A restyling that I liked could do it though. Otherwise I can add my own LEDs.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
I loved my ST1300 as well, that is until I drove a 2016 R1200RT. Real cruise control is tremendous when riding with others who have one and the adjustable suspension is absolutely wonderful. I too thought, who needs all of the extra electronic gadgets, that is until I Had them. Makes me wonder why Honda would not update the ST1300 to include those items. Sad....

Bike
R1200rt
OK. The new ST1500 will be released in Dec 2016. ABS, traction control, CC, TPMS, heated grips, RDL seat, full LED and lean sensitive lighting, electronic suspension, 6 spd. and nav. And it only weighs 500 lbs.

You heard it here first. ;)
and it also has wheelie control(height and distance, adjustable of course) and launch control !!! but still no cruise control!

TPadden

Tom Padden
And here I am still loving my ancient ST1100s after riding some of the newer ones with the bling and zing... :D
Phil,

Only thing missing is George jumping in with "I never paid more than $2000 for one" ..... proving what, I don't know!. :D

Tom

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Honda ST13
I loved my ST1300 as well, that is until I drove a 2016 R1200RT. Real cruise control is tremendous when riding with others who have one and the adjustable suspension is absolutely wonderful. I too thought, who needs all of the extra electronic gadgets, that is until I Had them. Makes me wonder why Honda would not update the ST1300 to include those items. Sad....
I sort of hate to post in a "what was/what could have been" thread, but here goes... Updating the ST1300 would bring it closer to Gold Wing territory. Every updated ST1300 sold would be one less Gold Wing sold. So, I agree with ST Gui who said "Honda did the math"

I'm always thinking about what my next bike might be even if it might be a while. Right now, it would the FJR1300 (but I would still prefer an updated ST1300)

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
The heart of any bike is it's engine. Honda's flat six has been hugely successful in the Wing and the F6B. The V-4 is quite special as well. VFR 800, ST's, have always had a loyal following. Now, it's time to test ride a VFR1200X-DCT. Most impressive.
"The power of dreams", yes, and at the risk of being somewhat corny, "Torque your heart - Honda!".

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
The heart of any bike is it's engine. Honda's flat six has been hugely successful in the Wing and the F6B. The V-4 is quite special as well. VFR 800, ST's, have always had a loyal following. Now, it's time to test ride a VFR1200X-DCT. Most impressive.
"The power of dreams", yes, and at the risk of being somewhat corny, "Torque your heart - Honda!".
Yeah, I think in the States anyway, the Adventure bike has replaced the Sport Touring bike. Therefore, we shall never see another ST.

I was at a motor bike show in Belfast last weekend and was talking to some Honda guys. They said that the ST will no longer be produced. Some reasons they gave are. It no longer conforms to emission guidelines especially in Europe. Some urban areas in Europe are banning bikes older than maybe 10 years. There is a swing to adventure type bikes like the GS , Crosstourer etc. With the progress over the years in biker gear, protection etc there is less need for heavily fared bikes.

Top Bottom